We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Sur really IS magical....

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Sur really IS magical....

I was reminded of this when I read Mexcelia's recent blog. She writes good bloggitys. I did not know that Punta Sur offers a buffet now. This place is better than any place on the east side. The east side is cool and pretty to LOOK at but you can't really swim or snorkel there. Punta Sur has the lighthouse for excellent photo ops and great snorkeling etc. etc. It's quiet, usually not crowded and has a gorgeous beach. Check it out. The entry fee is worth it.

…wordpress.com/2013/…

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Sur really IS magical....

Thanks frog! We are taking a trip in July for 11 days and this is one place/thing we have have not done. We will in July. Additionally, we will join in on one of Tiger's grand adventures.

Edited: 03 November 2013, 21:31
Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Sur really IS magical....

Thanks for sharing. We are looking for some new things to do for this trip. I will have to look in to Tiger's tour also.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Sur really IS magical....

I was unaware of the buffet.

Up until went to Punta Sur, the East side had always been my favorite area of the island. But now Punta Sur is. Some trips, I go there several times.

The big commercial beach clubs on the West side are more noisy and crowded than what I am wanting. I really like peace and quiet at the beach, and Punta sur has never been anything else.

90% of the time, it has the best shore based snorkeling as well.

This might seem a little selfish, but I rather like that it is a little remote and off the been path. That keeps the crowds and throngs of cruisers away.

4. Re: Punta Sur really IS magical....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 05:19