We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cantina/Loncheria Dos Como La Gente

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cantina/Loncheria Dos Como La Gente

This is one of those places that opened for a short time, closed, and recently reopened. This is typical for new businesses in Cozumel where obtaining all of the necessary permits takes longer than expected -- as happened in this case.

I was walking by end of last week and friends shouted me in. I'm probably the last to know about it! I liked it very much and think you should know about it, too.

I'm not certain how to categorize this little place but it's really pleasant and comfortable & the owners keep long hours. It's a "cantina" that offers drinks & very nice, free botanas as well as a "loncheria" that serves inexpensive meals. Indoor or outdoor dining at your option -- the garden space has some very pleasant surprises. Clean & welcoming with nice music that's not too loud.

Conveniently located in an old wooden house (where Coffelia used to be -- for those who remember it) on Calle 5 Sur between Melgar & Ave. 5 -- closer to Ave. 5 than Melgar. Opens at 12-1pm; Closes 11pm-12am.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,472 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cantina/Loncheria Dos Como La Gente

So it's a female/family friendly place, rather than a more traditional cantina? I'll have to check it out.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cantina/Loncheria Dos Como La Gente

From what I witnessed, it is a place where anyone can stop for a short or a long visit.

Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cantina/Loncheria Dos Como La Gente

Glad to hear the old Coffelia location has turned into something positive. Great in-town spot. On the list for next time... thanks Deb!

4. Re: Cantina/Loncheria Dos Como La Gente

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:18