We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Struggling on deciding where to stay...

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Struggling on deciding where to stay...

We've stayed at park royal, sabor and most recently coz palace (loved it). And have stayed in vaca rentals as well, but air fare is so high right now might as well book a package get at least some drinks and probably decent breakfast included. What to do don't really want to spend palace prices this year...any other suggestions?? Think we would like to be south of town and would like a great pool area. We'll have a car and will leave often I'm sure. Thanks!!

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Struggling on deciding where to stay...

I understand the price thing, but having stayed other places as well, to me the Palace removes the what if's. you having been there before, maybe ought to reconsider.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Struggling on deciding where to stay...

Pool people, hm? Take a look at the Grand. They have a beautiful pool and a great beach. No swim up bar though, if that's an issue. You might also like Secrets Aura?? The beach isn't as nice, and the one little pool I've seen is pretty.

krv
Ohio
Level Contributor
109 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Struggling on deciding where to stay...

You might take a look at Orbitz if you're planning to book soon. Delta evidently has a fair sale going on - 7 night @ Iberostar (south of town) for $1400 TOTAL for 2 people out of Dayton Dec 11 - Dec 18. Just saw it yesterday. They have a promo code - vaca150 or 150vaca - don't remember which is first! Saves you $150 off the trip to get it to that $1400 price. The same trip was over $2000 on both Bookit and CheapCaribbean. If Delta has flights near you, might be a good time to look.

michigan
Level Contributor
483 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Struggling on deciding where to stay...

we love El Cid La Cieba,they have a decent pool and a hot tub with a bar connected, tons of sun loungers and awesome snorkeling. They do an a/i package but we personally like to venture into town to eat at the many fine establishments. Check out my reviews and if you have any questions please feel to im me.

Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Struggling on deciding where to stay...

cdill -we did love the palace but the $1400 we could save will go a long way for snorkel and fishing trips with Tiger and a quite a few great meals in town...we did really love it though it's hard to settle for something else now, but trying to be more cost conscience this year I guess...Disney trip in October, ouch.

We aren't per say pool people just want a decent size pool no chair battles and spend some time around in the morning have a couple drinks maybe get ready and head out so no beach isn't a big deal either we always go over to east side for beach time :)

Thanks for suggestion daveandbess I have looked at el cid before and it does look great for us I think. We would be going 3 rd week in March and prices are 890 pp out of Minneapolis without AI which I think is really good $. Do u think upgrade $ for rooms is worth it? What were drink prices like? I really do like idea of being just a little south of town. We will have a car. Off street parking?

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Struggling on deciding where to stay...

Rebecca something to consider: you can book the Palace thru a member and get about that same price. Message me if you want to know the lady we booked thru. You go as a VIP member thru her....food for thought,

Edited: 22 November 2013, 22:40
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Struggling on deciding where to stay...

It sounds like you're describing Hotel Cozumel and Resort to a tee. South of town but within walking distance for the great restaurants. You can get their so called European package which includes a nice breakfast buffet every day. I won't recommend their all inclusive meal deal since their lunch and dinner food was spotty in our experience. But we've stayed there many times now and always been happy. Very large pool area which is great for hanging out and keeping cool. Nice beach club, decent snorkeling.

It's not on par with the Coz Palace though, that is for sure. If you are expecting a good solid 3 star resort, you'll be happy I believe.

Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Struggling on deciding where to stay...

Finally....struggle no more!! Decided on condo....booked El Cantil for the last week of March. Gonna feel so good...predicting -79 deg windchills here Monday. That's just crazy!! 75 days won't come fast enough!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
482 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Struggling on deciding where to stay...

Rebecca K ... just wondering if you found this option more econmical than something like El Cid or Hotel Cozumel? We've skipped winter vacations the last 2 years and opted for summer, just because the prices are so high in winter. We have to go spring break because of kids.

We would love to find something better priced if possible. We did do Hotel Cozumel one winter and were pleasantly surprised. Even that seems to stretch our budget these days. Thanks for your input. Have a fabulous Cozumel vacation. We'll be there in summertime for sure!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Struggling on deciding where to stay...

El Cantil is much more expensive than El Cid or Hotel Cozumel. Condumel is $142. per night or $679. per week. Not including tax.