We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to start a Sunday am

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to start a Sunday am

Fresh cooked Conchinita Pabil from a ranch out on the transverse road ... a kilo to go and two torta's on fresh warm bread smothered in the red sauce the pork was cooked in. Gonna try to get that kilo of meat thru customs back to home for dinner , leaving this wonderful place in 2 hours .. didnt rain but maybe 15 minutes the past 7 days :) !!! I'll do a trip report when I get home.

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
851 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to start a Sunday am

Let us know how you make out with customs. Good luck!

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to start a Sunday am

if that is the guy near the pee pee station on the right side heading out it is great stuff just cant get used to having a coke with breakfast lol

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to start a Sunday am

That is the common breakfast drink in Mexican homes. Took me a bit of getting used to. Now, I leave coffee at my friends house for when I go for breakfast. They have the coffee maker but only use it to heat water, ha ha.

And the few instances they have coffee, it is Nescafe instant ha ha.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How to start a Sunday am

Yes it is the place out by the pee pee .. Funny thing happened , we were pulled to the side to clear customs for " additional screening" and I thought Oh My there goes my Pabil . But we got lucky and they didnt open up our bags and inspect anything . Had 1 single Cuban cigar as a small gift also. Got lucky , dont think I'll try it again !

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How to start a Sunday am

having it for dinner this pm .. yum yum yum

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to start a Sunday am

I enjoy cochinita but it is so common in the area, I find myself looking for another specialty, lechon. It used to also be available on the transversal but haven't looked recently . Thankfully, it was not at pee pee.

7. Re: How to start a Sunday am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:18