We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing help

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
fishing help

Hi! My family is staying the Playa Azul Dec. 20-27. My husband and son have a fishing charter scheduled but I am looking for help with what is likely an odd request. I am looking for someone to spend a few hours 2 or 3 of the days fishing with my son off of the hotel pier so that we can enjoy a nice quiet dinner at the hotel restaurant. The helper would not need to be an expert - just someone to help bait the line, take fish off the hook, guide him a bit - etc... I contacted the hotel and received permission to fish off the pier but do not know who to ask to find this kind of help!

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Lana

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing help

Did you happen to ask the hotel for a suggestion? I bet they could rec. somebody.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,648 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing help

Agree with froglegs. The hotel may well have an off duty employee who would be happy for the opportunity for a little extra income.

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing help

A while back someone mentioned a local boy who loved to fish. They even fished with him and worked on getting some fishing gear muled down for him. I can't remember who it was tho...anybody else remember?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing help

Poster's name is montiep. Kid's name was Brandon. It's in her trip reports from May 2012. I used the search box and entered 'boy fishing'.

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing help

great job froglegs !!!! maybe they can get together !

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing help

Somebody posting under Kelly's Sports Bar has known Brandon his whole life. Lana- try emailing Kelly's.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fishing help

Wow - what amazing info. Kelly's sports bar put me in contact with Brandon's mom and we are all set now! Brandon is 13 now and loves to fish as much as before. I think he is happy to have someone to fish with, keep him busy during his school break, and make some money! Thank you to all for the wonderful info!!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fishing help

Warms my heart! KUDOS to all involved!!! Lana, if you would, do me a favor and let me know if anybody needs any supplies for this fishing trip, or Brandon's future trips? Please? Message me, thank you kindly!

Edited: 04 December 2013, 15:15
okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fishing help

People in cozumel are the best. I can't wait to get back .

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: fishing help

Also- we are from at Louis as well! Live in Cincinnati now by will actually be flying out of st Louis as my parents will be watching our dog!

Wow! Thank you so much for the wonderful info! Will check it out!