We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving question aboard boat

san francisco
Level Contributor
478 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Diving question aboard boat

Plan to dive in a week in Cozumel. Never dove in winter there before. Will have 3mm wetsuit. How cold on boat? Do I need a fleece jacket or something onboard? Or just a heavy towel?

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving question aboard boat

You will definately. need a jacket of some kind for on the boat. My freinds have the fleece jackets and love them. I didn't bring one last february and i was cold on SI and boat ride home. I dive in swimsuit and tshirt yar round so for me to be cold its cold. Luckily last year my local freind loaned me a coat. Even though i looked like a sausge casing in it , it was greatly appreciated, It feels great when you jump in for that second dive. Its like jumping in a warm bath. -enjoy

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving question aboard boat

I dove last week in a 1mm and it was plenty. Temps may have dropped now I dunno. It was 70-85 air temp and 82 water temp. Im extremely jealous waaaaaah. ENJOY

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,759 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving question aboard boat

Aldora provides dive jackets on the boat and stops at a beach club between dives.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving question aboard boat

Most of the time this time of year my wife is shivering on the ride back to the caleta and I'm usually fine. A towel is certainly nice. We have "dive parkas" that are fleece-lined with a windproof, water-shedding nylon shell that are great for during a norte when even I get cold.

Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving question aboard boat

Thanks for posting this question, I never thought about it because we normally go when it's warmer. I will plan to bring something now.

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
858 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving question aboard boat

Winter diving in Cozumel gets me cold between dives on the boat. I will be diving with Aldora in two weeks and they provide heated parkas to keep you toasty while on the boat. I would definitely need something this time of year either way.

Edited: 07 December 2013, 02:31
7. Re: Diving question aboard boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 06:17