We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

kentucky
Level Contributor
488 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

We are interested in going to these places for the day to snorkel , eat, drink, relax.... and I have a few questions. We are staying at El Cantil for the week and will probably do these Northern places the day or 2 we rent a car.

1. Is CCC and Buccano's the same thing?

2. Is ccc charging $10 entry and then give food credit? I have seen many varying reports on this. Some say no $10 fee, other say no food credit even though you pay fee...

3.How do you get to playa Azul beach, do you cut thru hotel, go around, or what...? We have read it is free if you buy food or drinks...

4. Is one of these better than the other? Should we do both, since they are close together?

5. IS ccc worth a $10 entry with no credit? (Seems like a read Winenott say no)

6. Is parking plentiful?

7. Any other tips for this area?

THX!!!

We do plan to go to money Bar one day, Chankanaab one day, and boat snorkel one day

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

1. Yes. 2. Yes. Pay $10. and it's deducted from your food/drink bill. 3. You just pull in there. It's tucked back a bit from the road and parking lot. You'll see a sign. 4. Do both. 5. Yes...but you GET the credit. 6. Yes.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

1. Is CCC and Buccano's the same thing?

Yes

2. Is ccc charging $10 entry and then give food credit? I have seen many varying reports on this. Some say no $10 fee, other say no food credit even though you pay fee...

Yes. It's actually $8 or $100 MX. You may have to remind your sever about the discount, but hold on to the tags the security guy gives you. They are treated as cash. We went 3 times this month and not once did we have any issues.

3.How do you get to playa Azul beach, do you cut thru hotel, go around, or what...? We have read it is free if you buy food or drinks...

I imagine you just walk through the hotel, but we haven't been.

4. Is one of these better than the other? Should we do both, since they are close together?

We were going to try both, but we were walking from the centro. CCC was far enough of a walk for this group--I think it was 3.5 km each way. If you have a car, why not try both? :o)

5. IS ccc worth a $10 entry with no credit? (Seems like a read Winenott say no)

Yes, I think so, as the facilities are great. You'll get the credit though.

6. Is parking plentiful?

Yes.

7. Any other tips for this area?

If you do go to CCC, you can also bring in your own food and drinks--we brought extra pop and some chips, but still bought beer and lunch.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

You don't walk thru the hotel to get to PA beach club. They are next door to each other.

michigan
Level Contributor
504 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

wel,l we just walk through of hotel entrance and hang a right and exit to the beach

kentucky
Level Contributor
488 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

Thanks for the replies. How close are these 2? If we do both, which we probably will, is there a preferred order?

6. Re: Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 20:05
MI
Level Contributor
630 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

We stay at Playa Azul when we are in Coz and just love it there. (Buccanos is the restaurant at CCC.)

If I was visiting, I would park at the Playa Azul Beach Club and set up on some chairs right there to have snorkel. I am not sure of any of the fees, because we always stay there.

Then, either you can walk down South to CCC and have lunch (which is better but more expensive than Playa Azul Beach Club - and worth it - Fish and Chips YUM).

OR

Walk down to CCC and jump in the water at the southern-most end of the property, then float back to the Playa Azul Beach club and have lunch either at the Beach Club or at the Bar or Restaurant at Playa Azul. The food is very good (CCC is just a little more "upscale")

Depending on what day you go, there may be a few Cruise people at CCC and can get busy, which is why I would not park there. They do have a nice pool and the property is lovely. The beach is smaller at Playa Azul, and very quiet.

Wander a little farther north past the beach club to what was originally Sol Cabanas hotel (taken out by the hurricane in 2005). You will see a small cove where you can get into the water easy for snorkeling, but don't float past the old restaurant too far; the current is quite strong and you would have to float a ways to be able to get out of the water (see description below to do this).

This area is a great way to spend a day in Coz.

TIPS: Leave valuables back at your hotel. Bring coral walkers and a net bag to haul flippers in. If you go snorkeling, you can tote the coral walkers along in the water, then if you want to come out at a different spot than where you went in, you have walking shoes (the sand and broken shells can be hard on the bare feet). We are really into snorkeling and twice a day we will walk don to CCC from Playa Azul, jump in the water and float all the way down north to the El Cozumeleno. We get out there and put on coral walkers to come back to the Playa Azul. The current generally goes that way and you have to get almost to El Coz before you can find a decent spot to get out that isn't too rocky.

Have a great time!

Edited: 23 December 2013, 15:58
Mentioned in this post
Playa Azul
Playa Azul
174 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Buccanos at Night
Buccanos at Night
644 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
El Cozumeleno Beach Resort
El Cozumeleno Beach...
5,942 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
kentucky
Level Contributor
488 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

Thanks for the response JLoMi. That is what I had in mind (rather than being called silly) In this area you can walk along the "beach" between the resorts and clubs, no problem? Is this parking lot you speak of North or South of the PA bldg.?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

There is no entry fee at Playa Azul Beach Club.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Azul
Playa Azul
174 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
817 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clarification on Club Cozumel Caribe and Playa Azul

Rucingok-Sorry you were treated poorly.

Playa Azul Beach club parking is a stones throw north of the Hotel. You do not need to enter through the hotel. The Beach Club has a separate entrance. On Sunday afternoon's when there is a band playing, Playa Azul has charged 50MX or $5 USD in the past that can be applied towards food and drink.

Edited: 23 December 2013, 17:38
Mentioned in this post
Playa Azul
Playa Azul
174 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico