We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting driver + van for 13 people

j k
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Renting driver + van for 13 people

Hi!

We are a group of 13 people going to cozumel on 28th via cruise and will be there for 9 hours. From my online research it appears that cars+drivers will be there at the port. But I am not sure if bigger vans will be there. It appears that toursplaza has excellent review. Is it lot higher price than what we would be paying there? Should we book now or take our chances?

Thank you very much!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting driver + van for 13 people

What is their price for nine hours and is it for two vans?

Revealing your plan for the day may help. Perhaps all you need are several one way van trips at a possible lower cost.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting driver + van for 13 people

Just sent you a PM with details

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,294 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting driver + van for 13 people

I don't need to know details since I don't really know the prices and doubt many here do. But you can get the large vans upon arrival from Island Tours which will have the vans available at the pier. You will see their dispatcher with his "Island Tours" sign. Good vans with drivers who are licensed island guides and all speak good English. Not always the case if you use a local taxi van.

Don't book with Tours Plaza or anyone else in advance. You will just pay more for the same service.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting driver + van for 13 people

Assuming eight hours use of the large van, I get $550 USD using Tours Plaza. Your plans would help suggest whether that is the best option or using multiple one way taxi vans.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,294 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting driver + van for 13 people

As I said, wait until you arrive and use an Island Tours van and you won´t pay anything near the price of Tours Plaza. Tours Plaza is doing nothing more than using the same vehicles you can find at the pier and raising the price for their profit margin. You don´t need a middleman.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting driver + van for 13 people

WOW Co_Pilot, that's an eye opener!!!! Yikes!

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
914 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting driver + van for 13 people

pm me if you want a good local

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,294 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting driver + van for 13 people

Its much like those who book airport transfers in advance. They pay much more for the same service that they can purchase at the airport. As said, no reason to book anything in advance since all you need will be available when you arrive at the pier and you will be on your way quickly.

9. Re: Renting driver + van for 13 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2014, 05:16