We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thrifty Auto Rental - Insurance and Waiver Fees

San Diego
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Topic
Thrifty Auto Rental - Insurance and Waiver Fees

Does anyone know or rented recently from Thrifty and can check their contract to see the details for what current insurance and waiver charges are?

Interested to know what the charge is for each - not the total if that's all you remember.

CDW or LDW - Collision / Loss Damage Waiver Fee

PLI - basic Liability up to 250,000 pesos

SLE- Supplemental Liability Excess - raises liability to 1,000,000 pesos

Thanks

Rich

Edited: 29 December 2013, 00:58
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thrifty Auto Rental - Insurance and Waiver Fees

anyone ?,.. I am interested too. Thanks

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
817 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thrifty Auto Rental - Insurance and Waiver Fees

If you make reservations online, the cost of insurance is notated in the fine print. It may vary a bit depending on the class of car you rent. We rented a midsize in October/November and the basic liability alone is $25/day. The cost of insurance at Thrifty seems to be higher than most other places. The staff is nice enough, but I wont be using them again.

I choose to use Isis. Margarita is a wonderful lady and has always done me right. I dont think she asks for the incessant promotion she receives in this forum. If I thought she did...I definitely would not rent from her.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 18:19
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,297 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thrifty Auto Rental - Insurance and Waiver Fees

Good information about Thrifty´s insurance. Something I never knew.

As far as Margarita at Isis asking for promotion here, I find it is the opposite. If you mention it to her, she really seems embarrassed by it. I think she gets it the old fashion way--she earns it.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thrifty Auto Rental - Insurance and Waiver Fees

I agree. I was really pissed off at the bait and switch techniques...and also will not be using them again.

michigan
Level Contributor
504 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thrifty Auto Rental - Insurance and Waiver Fees

do yourself a big favour and rent from Isis, no hidden costs, honesty and tranparency are the key

http://www.islacozumel.net/services/isis/

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thrifty Auto Rental - Insurance and Waiver Fees

Please explain the bait and switch.

7. Re: Thrifty Auto Rental - Insurance and Waiver Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 07:20