We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Shore Snorkel

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
249 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Northern Shore Snorkel

I have been to Cozumel 3 times and February will be the 4th. Each trip i cast a wider net to see more of the island. I like to shore snorkel and our last trip we went to the Money Bar area. Just parked at the street and walked in south of the bar. What is the water access like for the Northern snokeling areas. I keep hearing good things about the Hotel B area but don't know how to access if we aren't staying there. Any ideas?

Dryden, Ontario...
Level Contributor
57 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Shore Snorkel

How was the money bar? Good snorkeling and nice beach? We were thinking of going there on our trip.

BT
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Shore Snorkel

I am leaning to the north end, mostly because of the boat traffic in the south.Right now it seems to be between the Coral Princess or the Fontan on the North end, or the Villablanca or Blue Angel (aka Caribe Blue) on the south side.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
249 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Northern Shore Snorkel

Heidi819 the Money Bar was pretty good a few sunken things that gather fish and a sunken pier that was really neat to swim around. Just make sure to bring water socks, shore is pretty rough. Plan on hitting it a again and getting a snack and a beer at the bar when done. Bringing a dry bag this time to make it easier to carry some money and clothes.

Edited: 02 January 2014, 14:59
Dryden, Ontario...
Level Contributor
57 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Northern Shore Snorkel

Good to know. Will check it out. Praying for sunshine when there ;)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Northern Shore Snorkel

Curly....FYI --- Fontan is now Hotel B.

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Northern Shore Snorkel

I loved the drift snorkel between Playa Azul down to the El coz lots to see.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
249 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Northern Shore Snorkel

Still looking for beach access on shore snorkel. Not sure where to park if you are not staying at a northern hotel any help?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,481 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Northern Shore Snorkel

Joe you can park right there at Playa Azul. Buy a drink and hop in the water.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,027 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Northern Shore Snorkel

We did Buccano's last month

Great food / pool/ walk up to the abamdones bldg. / float down

100 peso entry fee but it's deducted from your bill

10. Re: Northern Shore Snorkel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 07:18