We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown hotel location

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
85 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown hotel location

Looking at booking a downtown hotel, looking for good places to eat and drink and other fun things to do in walking distance. Is it better to stay from like calle 2 north to calle 12 or calle one south to calle 7? Which one is more touristy or more local?

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,013 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown hotel location

I think they are pretty much the same........maybe less touristy to the north but both easy walking distance to great restaurants on both ends.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown hotel location

Suites Bahia, Suites colonial are both downtown area. Also Hotel plaza Cozumel. All around $50 a night. I have never stayed at them, but have thought about it. I would have no problem staying at any of them. You can find even cheaper than that if you really look. Map chicks map has all the hotels on it. They are only ten bucks but well worth it. enjoy

9 days to go for me. Back for ten days.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown hotel location

Good suggestions. I used the Hotel Pepita in the center many times which is lower in price than those mentioned.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown hotel location

Check out Villas Las Anclas

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown hotel location

Casa Mexicana. Buffet breakfast is included in your rate. Very close to everything.

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
851 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown hotel location

Vista del Mar, Flamingo and Hacienda San Miguel.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown hotel location

As mentioned by others, Casa Mexicana is an excellent choice in the center.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
646 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown hotel location

Casa Mexicana is nice. If you want a budget option, its sister hotel, Suites Bahia, is also a good choice. Bahia was where we stayed at and we had our free breakfast at Casa Mexicana. Plenty of restaurant choices within walking distance. If you want to see less touristy area, just keep walking the opposite way from the sea, just 3 or 4 blocks you'll notice a change in scenery.

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown hotel location

Rarely mentioned here on TA, but Guido's Boutique Hotel is a great place to stay. We stayed there last May. Not really a hotel. More like a condo.

Four newly renovated rooms above Guido's restaurant right there on Melgar for a great price.

Great restaurant nearby. In fact, right under room No. 4.

10. Re: Downtown hotel location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:19