We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Italian food on the island?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gilford, New...
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best Italian food on the island?

Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked before...where are folks going for good italian food? We need a break from Mexican. We have not loved Guidos in the past. Thank you!

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Italian food on the island?

Fratellis

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Italian food on the island?

Fratellis and Rolandi's

Lk Stevens Wa
Level Contributor
579 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Italian food on the island?

Sorrisi...in the top 4 on trip advisor for Italian. The owner of Sorrisi is a Sicilian and will make sure your experience is a good one.

Edited: 04 January 2014, 22:43
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Italian food on the island?

We like Rolandi for pizza, Guido's for lasagne and ravioli. We didn't like Sorrisi and really got ripped off on the pricing there when they first opened. $100 USD for one shared "pizza" and a couple of glasses of wine. When we asked the manger if it was a mistake, he was quite rude. Maybe it's changed, but we haven't been back.

michigan
Level Contributor
491 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Italian food on the island?

Rolandi's for sure, it's next to Margaritaville, great food and an awesome view

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
854 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Italian food on the island?

the same Rolandis from isla mujeres i presume..i just now made the connection...HA

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Italian food on the island?

Sorrisi was seriously delicious! One of the best caprese salads I've ever had! Will be making at least one trip when we're back in February.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Italian food on the island?

Sorrisi surprised the heck out of me last August. Surprisingly high quality Italian.

Cozumel, MX
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Italian food on the island?

If you want a great Italian lunch place go to Cusina Italiana on the corner of 20th and about 6th street (not sure of that one). It's just a small sign over a door that hangs out and they're only open from around noon until 3 or so but they have several items to pick from each day. It's really great and reasonably priced. They have a parking area just past it on the left and you can have your ticket validated so you don't have to pay (if you've rented a car). We've known the family for years and they are from Italy and have lived in Cozumel many years. They used to own the Restorante Italiano on 10th street just south of the square many years ago.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Italian food on the island?

I am not a big Italian food fan, with that being said try the new Especias. The rest of my group really really liked the food there and the prices were good.