We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocation of Fountain

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,804 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Relocation of Fountain

The city has announced the fountain in the main plaza, Atardecer Marino (Sea Sunset), will be relocated as part of a remodeling project. The fountain began operation there in 1995. For much of the time, it has not functioned. What they are not saying is where the fountain will be relocated. I fear it will be like many local projects and never be seen again. I hope it will be repaired and find a good location.

sipse.com/novedades/reubicaran-fuente-atarde…

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relocation of Fountain

Are they just making more space available for the Diamonds International new building being built next to it ???

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relocation of Fountain

That's sad. Great meeting place when group splits up. Maybe it'll end up in Hotel Cozumel lobby. Anybody hear what the plan is for that pidgeon roost? Bad first impression when arriving via cruise boat or ferry

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,804 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Relocation of Fountain

David, I don´t know. But Diamonds does seem to get anything they want. Really, they are not saying why they are moving it.

I agree Gobenoer. It is a shame Cozumel has no hotel on the square. Many Mexican cities do and it can add to the local square.. Cozumel has two providing only accomodations for pigeons.

4. Re: Relocation of Fountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:18