We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Addition at Cozumel Ferry Pier

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,272 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Addition at Cozumel Ferry Pier

This announcement sounds like an unattractive addition to the ferry pier that many already consider unattractive. City officials are announcing they will install a huge display screen at the entrance to the pier to highlight area attractions. The sculpture will be moved a bit to the north and 80 chairs will be installed for visitors to watch the presentation. Suppose we will have to wait to see the results but does not sound attractive to me.

To me, the best thing they can do is to lower the very expensive ferry fares to attract more visitors to the island.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Addition at Cozumel Ferry Pier

Ugh.

One of the few things I prefer about Playa del Carmen is the ferry pier. The new Cozumel one does not appeal to me at all, and the irksome thing is that they paid money to make it like that. This announcement sounds as if they're going even farther in the wrong direction.

"Highlight area attractions" probably translates to "show advertising". I really doubt they're going to be showing anything related to any business for free.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,272 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Addition at Cozumel Ferry Pier

I agree totally, Mark. I much prefer the Playa del Carmen pier (one of the few things I like about Playa). To me it looks like a pier should look in a Mexican town. It is awful to think someone got paid to design the Cozumel pier!

I agree. It will likely be showing paid advertising. I doubt they are putting it there if they don´t see a source of revenue.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Addition at Cozumel Ferry Pier

Have you seen the Playa pier recently? Palapa is gone -- to be replaced with a block building.

I don't understand Cozumel's plan. Are people supposed to hang around on arrival and view a presentation?! Yeah, like that's going to happen...

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,272 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Addition at Cozumel Ferry Pier

Agree, the Playa changes are not good but have yet to see one as ugly as Cozumel´s.

I was thinking the same, deb. Do they really think people will set around the pier to watch a commericial? I doubt it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Addition at Cozumel Ferry Pier

I agree also. At times I feel that the decision makers motives are contrary to whats best for the island overall.Dropping the ferry price would bring in much more than some cheesy video ad in center gathering place

6. Re: Addition at Cozumel Ferry Pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 05:19