We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Show on Feb. 10

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,408 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Air Show on Feb. 10

Various media reports are announcing a big military air show on Feb. 10 in Cozumel. This is in celebration of the 70th anniversary of the creation of the Mexican Air Force. Apparently big plans for the day with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto in attendance for the festivities. I am sure more details of the day´s program will be available later.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Show on Feb. 10

Thanks Robert. PLEASE keep me updated. This will really change the weight of my carry on if it happens. The aerobatic air show isn't until May 17-18 so I had planned on a lightweight 2 lens kit this trip.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,408 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Show on Feb. 10

I think it will happen. A big celebration is planned since it is the first event of its kind in Cozumel and many government officials, including the President will be there.

K D
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Show on Feb. 10

anything more on this topic? haven't seen anything for a while, and wondering if it is going to happen?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,408 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Show on Feb. 10

Its going to happen but I haven't seen more details. Several friends have told me the plans are well underway and that it will be a big, well organized event since the President and many high level goverment officials will be attending. Often details of government events are not published far in advance.

Some details here:

thecozumelsun.com/cozumel-news-january-21-20…

Edited: 27 January 2014, 22:45
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Show on Feb. 10

EXCELLENT. I've packed my carry on with my air show lenses & I'm charging all the camera batteries tonight. Hopefully the weather will co operate. Do you know if this will be at the airport or at the private airport where the aerobatic air show is held? Seems logical it will be at the original airport and if so I won't have to shoot straight into the sun for much of the day.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,408 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Show on Feb. 10

It will be at the Cozumel airport. That is where military operations are based. Not known what will be arranged for spectator viewing but I would guess they will have adequate operations since this is a Federal operation.The Cozumel airport is well equipped for most any size aircraft with one runway of 10165 feet and the other of 8858 feet.

Edited: 28 January 2014, 00:19
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Show on Feb. 10

Thanks again. Makes perfect sense it would be there but I thought I'd ask. Really looking forward to a day of something different in the great WARM outdoors.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Show on Feb. 10

I've been told this has been cancelled here & moved to Mexico City.

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Show on Feb. 10

Well I hope it does happen as we will still be here then..

Safe travels....jimmy

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Show on Feb. 10

UNLIKELY. I got that info from people who should know here at Hotel Cozumel.