We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villablanca questions ....

Glens Falls, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Villablanca questions ....

This fits our budget great... but.... how is the beach? Can the hubby lay around while I snorkel? Can we bring our own drinks to the beach? Is there free parking (we are renting from Isis) . Sounds like food is bad there but can we get good drinks at the bar? How is the pool? What time does pool open and close? Any other tips we should know?

Glens Falls, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villablanca questions ....

Also how are the beach clubs across the street? How late do they stay open?

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villablanca questions ....

Have only picked up divers from the pier at villablanca. I don't remember even seeing a sandbox beach there. Villablanca is across the street from the water.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villablanca questions ....

We've stayed there at least 5 times. Across the street is La Palapita and it has a postage stamp sized sandbox. I doubt they'd let you bring your own drinks there.

Next door is La Hach which is built up off the ironshore. Next door on the other side is ironshore- no sand. So, yes your husband can lay around while you snorkel. There is alot of boat traffic there because there are at least 2 dive ops next door.

Yes, there's free parking on the street or a teensy parking place w/ about 6 spaces in front of the hotel.

The pool is small but adequate although a few times it was crowded w/ kids that apparently weren't staying there. Not sure of pool hours.

La Hach has live music a few times a week and if you're staying in a room closer to front/street it can be loud until 2 or 3 a.m.

We ate good breakfasts there and had a very good dinner one night but we usually eat out. Mezcalito's West just re-opened next door and La Hach has good food. Hogtown Cafe has breakfast and lunch.

The superior rooms are very big and have full sized fridges. The standard rooms are small & run down unless they've remodeled recently. The superior rooms are very nice we think. No safes in the rooms- they have little lockers in the lobby.

There's an OXXO store within a block where you can buy beer etc.

If you have other questions you can email the hotel and Jorge is pretty quick to answer.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 14:20
Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villablanca questions ....

P.S. for just a bit more money you might look at Casa Del Mar which is just south of Villa Blanca. We've stayed there the last 2 visits and do the AI plan. Inexpensive and the food is fine. Service is fantastic. The 'beach' area is tad better at CDM.

Glens Falls, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villablanca questions ....

Thanks everyone :)

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villablanca questions ....

I agree with Froglegs - Villa Blanca is a great place to rest your head - but we use it just for that - everything else we go off site to other beach clubs and restaurants. Only have eaten breakfast there as we are running around the rest of the day and night.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villablanca questions ....

I have stayed at Villablanca the last 3 visits to Cozumel.

I am never at my hotel during the day, so all I need in a Cozumel hotel is: Clean, safe, quiet, good A/C. Villablanca fills the bill, but there is no beach to speak of. I have never tried snorkeling there, since there are so many well proven snorkeling spots a short drive away.

As usual, my opinion is pretty much exactly the same as Froglegs' above post, except for one thing: Last time, my superior room did have an in-room safe. I had planned to eat breakfast at La Hatch (across the street) before heading out in the mornings, but it was never open for breakfast any of the mornings I was there, even though the sign said it was..

For my next upcoming trip, Casa Del Mar was actually cheaper than VB and since I get the impression it is a little nicer than VB, I decided to book there this time. The fact that Froglegs recommended it was a factor in my decision, since we usually agree on beaches, restaurants, and other Cozumel stuff...

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villablanca questions ....

FL55 not sure when you were there last but OXXO is closed, There are some rooms w/ safes S-4 being one. Dosen't anyone go down the stairs on the north side of La Hach ?

There's a quite nice man made beach there for Villa Blanca visitors to use. Lounge chairs and all. Tell the guy's at La Hach your there and they'll even check on ya!! (we take our own but snack from there)

We do about the same as everyone else,gone most of the day ,but if Arturo is doing a BB-Q at "Neptunes" be sure and have dinner there.

Last trip 1/2 -11/14 NEXT 7/5 -15/2014 can't wait !!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villablanca questions ....

I know that there are stairs on the north side of La Hach but we prefer the easier ladder entry and 'sandbox' at La Palapita. Haven't seen it in 4 months....maybe I'll check it out next time...(if we stay at VB). Whatta drag that the OXXO is closed. We liked the coffee...etc. Last time we saw it- there weren't chairs or a manmade beach. Don't remember if we looked at it last time.

Arturo is the best and his Bar-B-Q's are fun. We sit around and talk to him alot. Did his restuarant on the north end make it?

10. Re: Villablanca questions ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:19