We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip to Cozumel

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
First Trip to Cozumel

Hello My hubby and I are looking to visit Cozumel in early July, we are starting from the beginning. We would like all inclusive, on the beach and close to shops.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Trip to Cozumel

Do lots of research. July will be very hot and humid . I go in september and love it anytime of year. There is no AI on the beach close to shops. Learn to scuba dive if you haven't. Start research with all the questions along the right side. Plenty of reading . enjoy.

Killeen, Texas
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip to Cozumel

Can you stand HEAT? If so, as I can, u will love it. Husband spends day under towel and under palapa to keep out of sun.

Don't bother with make up or your hair. By 10 am it's already bad. We always go over July 4th so know from exp. Been about 10 times to Coz. About 17 to Riveria Mia.Bring lots of bras and swim suits. Things don't dry well in the heat and humidity.

Just go to enjoy yourself/sig other.

3. Re: First Trip to Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 13:05
Ontario
Level Contributor
5,695 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Trip to Cozumel

What kind of beach do you want? A long, walkable sandy one or one with good snorkeling? How important are the shops? You might want to focus on the north end, as those hotels are a LOT closer to the downtown than the southern ones. Park Royal, El Cid, Hotel Cozumel, and the Palace are all AIs in town.

Mentioned in this post
Park Royal Cancun
Park Royal Cancun
4,845 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Hotel Cozumel and Resort
Hotel Cozumel and Resort
1,912 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Trip to Cozumel

IMO I would agree that the Palace and Hotel Cozumel are "in" town but that Park Royal & El Cid are out of town...just like Playa Azul (AI option) & Casa Del Mar (AI option) are out of town...but a short, affordable cab ride to shopping. A break down: Park Royal, Hotel Cozumel, Casa Del Mar are across the street from the water. Palace, El Cid & Playa Azul are on the water. Park Royal, El Cid & Playa Azul have small beaches...the others have "man made" beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Cozumel and Resort
Hotel Cozumel and Resort
1,912 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Park Royal Cancun
Park Royal Cancun
4,845 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Playa Azul
Playa Azul
173 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Trip to Cozumel

Melia has a great beach...about 3 miles north of town. They are AI, but I have not heard good things about their food. We have stayed there many times and love it, but we do not do the AI. We always rent a car while staying there. Many great restaurants to choose from and we cook in a lot, too

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Trip to Cozumel

The water in front of Melia can quite often be murky & brown from run off from the mangroves. That'd be a deal breaker for me.

Ft.Worth Tx
Level Contributor
429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: First Trip to Cozumel

I have been to Cozumel several times in July - August and I do not think that it is unbearably hot, but I live in North Texas and Cozumel is usually a lot cooler than Texas is during the summer. I suggest that you stay close to the pool or beach during the heat of the day and drop in when ever you get too warm. You should be fine.

I can not think of any AI close to shops except those really close or in town. The best beaches are well south of town. The Allegro and Occidental Grand are generally considered to have the best beaches of all the AI's, but are probably 10-12 miles south of town. My girlfriend is usually happy with just one afternoon of shopping in town which we do. We usually pick an afternoon that looks rainy or overcast so it is cooler. I guess it depends on how much shopping you feel you need to do.

Mentioned in this post
Texas
Texas
United States
9. Re: First Trip to Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:18