We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day pass--open late

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Day pass--open late

So we're looking for a beach area to relax during my cruise stop in Cozumel. Somewhere with a nice beach, food and drink. From what I can tell, all the good places recommended on this forum and elsewhere close at 5. We're in Cozumel from 2-10, so a place closing at 5 isn't going to be worth it.

Anyone know of good beaches/resorts where the day pass can start/end later? Any non-all-inclusive establishments that have a good atmosphere and would work for my schedule? Should I not trust the hours listed on places' websites?

Thanks in advance for everyone's knowledge and efforts!

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day pass--open late

I believe Nachi Cocom stays open late on Wednesdays and Saturdays, but even then only till 6:30.

www.cozumelnachicocom.com/eng/rates.cfm

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day pass--open late

The Iberostar for $ 50.00 USD per person you get a day pass from 9:00 am till 6:00 pm, we stopped and asked couple of weeks ago..

Safe travels. Jimmy

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day pass--open late

That's true, other hotels have day passes too. Hotel Coz was $30 for 11-6. The beach isn't the greatest, but the snorkelling was good and the staff friendly.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day pass--open late

Thanks for all your input. I also just realized that the cruise ship time is an hour ahead of island time, so we actually have an hour longer than I had thought.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day pass--open late

The Ocean VIP Beach is open until 9PM http://www.oceanbeachcozumel.com/

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day pass--open late

Cozumel Palace day passes are until 11 p.m. If you are a member they are around $75. Not sure what the nonmember price is, but probably around $100. You can even sit through a timeshare presentation and get the day for free at most AI resorts that have membership plans. I was on a cruise a few years ago. The ship stopped in Mazatlan and the timeshare people were just by the pier of the ship. Stopped and talked to one group and ended up going to an El Cid resort. They gave us vouchers for a taxi each way and we listened to their speil -stood up after the 90 min. and told them we were not interested as it didn't fit our lifestyle of travelling. They tried to coerce a bit more, but we were insistant (& polite) we had a nice day at the resort for free.

7. Re: Day pass--open late

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 05:21