We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical Equipment for rent?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Medical Equipment for rent?

Will be arriving 2/22 and staying at the Occidentaal Grand with my father who is recovering from a broken hip. Need to rent a shower chair/commode, are such businesses located on the island? Have been to this resort many times and know that grab bars will not suffice.

ontario
Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medical Equipment for rent?

Try looking for the destination expert "Deb" she is listed as ds2. I believe you can private message her. She works for the Red Cross on Cozumel and would likely be the one best to answer your question. Just as a side note, I was at Allegro over Xmas and did see someone in an electric wheelchair. Occidental may actually have the equipment that you need. Have you tried emailing them? Also have you requested an accessible room?

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medical Equipment for rent?

does the hotel have a handicapped room ? I know some hotels do and they include the chair for shower and lifted toilet seat. I would email the hotel and ask.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medical Equipment for rent?

I'm still working on it. I found a commode but it has a metal frame and the owner doesn't want it in the shower. Sturdy, plastic beach chairs have been suggested but those may slide on the tile floor, so I nixed the idea.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medical Equipment for rent?

Lined up a real shower chair, delivered to and picked up from your hotel. Awaiting final confirmation on Monday. Please message me with your name per the hotel register and arrival/departure info. Thanks.

Harderwijk, The...
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Medical Equipment for rent?

Hi cufetz -

I was just wondering how your trip went? We will be staying at the Occidental Grand with my father, who is wheelchair-bound.

We are also looking for a shower/commode chair on wheels, with removeable/liftable armrests. We're also trying to track sown a power wheelchair with a 6-wheel base. I found one with a 4-wheel base, but this offers less maneuverability.

Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated. I'm also looking forward to hearing about your experience at the Grand.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Medical Equipment for rent?

Does anyone know if one can get supplemental oxygen on Cozumel? We will be there next week

Redding, California
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Medical Equipment for rent?

Hello

I will be in Cozumel for almost three weeks and looking for a incline bench/ inversion table. To hang upside down to help with back issues. Any ideas were I could possibly rent one ?. Arrive Jan 24 thru feb 11th.

Thank You

Steve

info@extremegokarts.com

8. Re: Medical Equipment for rent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2017, 05:16