We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cozumeleno a few questions

Thayne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
El Cozumeleno a few questions

Hi

How good is the hotel with honoring room requests? I have been in communication with them through email and have requested a room in the south tower above the 4th floor. They offered us a skyview room on the top floor for an upgrade fee but found out through this forum that we would not have any cover on the balcony, hence skyview. Should I do anything else such as contact them again or call rather than email? We will be there on March 29th. We stayed with them 5 years ago and enjoyed our stay. How is service now? Any suggestions about things we should or should not do reference to the hotel is very appreciated! I must say this forum is awesome!

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Cozumeleno a few questions

I went onto their website and there is a live chat option and talked to them thru that. A request is just that a request. I have been there a couple of times and each time they have honored it. If they have the room avail they will do it . They are a laid back hotel not a 5 star by any means but I liked it . Its nice because your balcony is seaside and if you sit out your front door in the morning you can watch the sun come up. Have a great trip !

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Cozumeleno a few questions

I emailed my request and they honored it. This being said most people are doing this so it will depend on your room and if it is free. You also have to wait to ensure they have all your details before you email as most resorts only have that a few weeks before you go

Rockford, Michigan
Level Contributor
192 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Cozumeleno a few questions

We were return guests in January. We didn't request a room so I can't answer that. Out of the front guest employees we interacted with, if you get Sergio upon check in I would think he would try to honor a room request. He was extremely kind and helpful.

As for service, it was hit/miss with mostly misses. Unfortunately the service during our stay was poor/unfriendly, no matter how friendly we were. Had we never been to the resort before and experienced such a kind staff I don't think we would have minded as much. From a wait staff perspective, we were only impressed with Lourdes (super nice and friendly beach/pool side server). If you read reviews from the last 5 days focusing on return guests you'll see most of them were disappointed with the service there too. In my opinion, they were accurate accounts.

So my recommendation is go expecting not so great service and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. I hope El Coz steps it up for your vacation!

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Cozumeleno a few questions

They will honor your request if it's available at the time of arrival. They do their very best to accommodate everyone. I love this place. So casual and friendly.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
280 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Cozumeleno a few questions

I messaged the hotel on their site and spoke directly to a very great lady named Edith. Everything I asked for We got. King bed, top floor... Etc. Way better than email! We upgraded to the skyview. After going, any floor would have been fine. For an extra $10 pp, per night, wouldn't do it again.

6. Re: El Cozumeleno a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 04:49