We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

norman,ok
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

Would Cozumel be a good choice to bring an almost 1 year old? I like the idea of the airport being fairly close to most hotels and a small island with many things to do. But is this not the best place to bring children? I am also looking for a hotel that has a fridge or a mini bar in the room because I will need to keep the baby's milk cold. What is the most convenient area to stay in Cozumel?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

Hi Makila, Lots of questions.

- is Cozumel a good choice to bring an infant? Sure....why not? What would be a bad choice? Won't a child that age just be with you all the time? Assuming the baby won't be doing activities on his/her own.

- hotel with a fridge. Many have that. Do you just need a fridge or do you want a small kitchenette?

- most convenient area to stay? In what regard? Do you mean close to town? Do you mean close to the water? Diving? Snorkeling? Restaurants?

The Palace Resort is very close to town. You can walk anywhere. Its a little pricey. Can you give us a budget idea? Maybe a time frame for your visit?

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

Cozumel is one of the nicest and safest destinations. No long drives anywhere. everything is relatively close together as it is a small island.

The Palace is great with little ones. anything you need they will do their best to accomodate you. Especially with little ones. They have very good service anyway, but add a baby or a small child and they are at the top of any hotel in my book. Anything I needed from the kitchen the manager would bring personally to our door within minutes. I requested milk as we were leaving breakfast and he brought me the whole container to keep in the fridge.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 19:49
norman,ok
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

what hotel did you stay at cctexas?

simplyredmn: I am wanting to go at the end of may. and I was wanting around $200.00. I just need a mini bar type fridge. but I have notice that some hotels are not exactly saying they include a mini bar and I will need some type of fridge. I would like to stay close to town, water and snorkeling.

Thank you both for your help!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

You could get an ocean front, one-bedroom suite with a kitchenette at the Coral Princess for $191 pn at the end of May. Its only a couple of km from town, has a nice sand area for the baby to play + a very shallow section of the warm pool for little ones. The snorkeling from shore is great there. The staff is wonderful and really love kids. There's even a children's play room. Spa, restaurant, bar, dive shop, car rental ...all on sight.

You can also check Apple Vacations. They often package the Coral Princess with airfare.

www.coralprincess.com

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

OP.. cctexas had stayed at Cozumel Palace.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

I was referring to the Palace. The only other resorts we have stayed at are El Cozumeleno and the Allego. El coz would be good for older kids but i cannot see the hotel having anything of value for a baby. The allegro I woud not recommend to anyone.

We have also stayed in a condo at El cantil which would be fine with a baby. They have a ground floor unit that is great with a baby because it has easy access to the "beach area" Along with full kitchen, etc.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

I've taken my grandsons staying at El Cozumeleno since they were babies. You can get a mini fridge for the room at an extra charge.

It's easy to get around the hotel with a stroller, since they have ramps at all the doors. One good thing about their rooms, the bathrooms and dressing area is separate from the bed areas and the lights won't bother the baby when you have to turn them on.

Very convenient there. I highly recommend.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

It wouldn't be my idea of a vacation at all (just my opinion of course). I don't really understand people who travel with kids so young that they won't remember the vacation, and will pretty much inconvenience everyone else (aka mom and dad) for the duration*

Leave the baby at home and have a wicked time with your husband. THAT will be memorable!!!! If you must bring baby, perhaps a condo would be best--at least you are not limited by a hotel's mealtimes and won't have to deal with loud evening shows. If you get a condo on the north end of the island, you're a quick cab ride into town for groceries, restaurants, etc.

*Do keep in mind that I have the maternal instinct of a cat; my children are lucky not to have been eaten as infants. We started traveling with them when they were old enough to feed themselves, say please and thank you, sleep through the night, and take care of their own personal hygiene. They are a delight to have around. Mostly.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

It's not like the baby needs any activities. LOL. Convenience for the parents to take care of an infant, is what's needed and what they asked for. Who are we to judge "if" they should take their infant or not? I can totally understand. I took my children everywhere anytime I wanted...sure it's a bit extra trouble, I was always a hands on mom and that was my own need was to have them close to me, rather than leave them home.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: is this a good vacation with an infant?hotels with a fridge?

I say it is great to start them out traveling young. Teach them the ropes now and they will be great respectful travelers as they grow.

Started my two by 1 1/2 ... No one even noticed them because they were well behaved and I always kept them close. Enjoyed every moment!