We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

I will be staying at Iberostart mid-March. As much as I would love to escape technology, I will need to have access to the interenet at times during my stay. I'm hearing different things about the logistics, cost, etc. for guest access. Can someone clarify these things for me? MUCH appreciated.

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
851 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

I would email them. I did that a few years ago and they got back to me with an answer and from what I remember it was high bordering on insanely high and not very reliable. But like I said contact the hotel.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
289 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

In 2012 I sat in the lobby and was able to use my computer with no problems at all. I am sorry, I can't remember how much it cost.

ontario
Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

We are there soon...For some reason I am remembering seeing $40.00/wk per piece of equipment (not a shared code). This will mean my iPad will be passed around many times during this next week. I do remember being able to sit on the right side of the beach to use it though. I hope that hasn't changed :)

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

I still find it ridiculous that places like this are charging for internet. My last trip to cozumel I stayed at casa mexicana for $55 USD per night. Internet was free.

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
851 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

And so do most hotels in Cozumel at least the ones downtown. But Iberostar also charges outside dive shops to pick divers up at their pier.

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

WiFi is free at Guido's Boutique Hotel.

It is rather odd that most AIs charge for WiFi while we always get it free when we rent condos.

Seriously, if people will just keep right on paying for it they probably will keep charging for it. Just my opinion, of course.

ALL inclusive?

Edited: 06 March 2014, 13:49
Rochester, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

curious to know too! All inclusive while with wifi non inclusive :(

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,916 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

It's also ironic that most of your budget type hotels in the states have free wifi / internet. But book yourself in a nice Hyatt - its $15 a day.

I've often wondered if the bigger resorts charge for it because if it were free they would have to pay for a ton of bandwidth.

ontario
Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

I agree, it should be included in the cost. In previous trips we knew we were going into town and waited until we could find "free" wifi there. But sometimes, business arises and you need access. This time, my husband and kids are diving and I am not. I will probably a some point want wifi to check in with the one still left back at home. $40 will still be cheap to manage the guilt of leaving one of your kids back to do school, lol. I do wish though, that the code could be shared between devices. Anyone know how to get around that item?

10. Re: Iberostar Internet Access and Cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 03:34