We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

So we get to the TWO BR we rented at Palmar Condominiums only to have one of the bedrooms locked. Really? We are paying $1400 for one BR?

Saw the property mgrs. in the hot tub having their nightly cocktails. Wife went down to talk to them about the lockout and they said, "oh sorry, hands are tied, can't get into that lockout, owner's have their stuff in there and besides you said it would be just you two" Wife explained that my bro in law and sis decided to come at the last minute. He, bro in law, has a cancerous brain tumor, battling it for many years, Mayo basically gave up, not sure how much longer he has - so of course, we were thrilled to show them Cozumel and welcomed them along with us knowing we'd rented a 2BR. Not like we were bringing 10 spring breakers to pile into a 2BR. She, Elizabeth, offered to bring us up a "blow up mattress". Hmmm, again $1400, wait actually $1450 for a 2BR and we get to sleep on a blow up mattress? I think not.

Went up to the condo where our luggage still sat idle and explained everything. Time went by whilst we decided how to proceed. Brain tumor bro in law exhausted, napping in the one BR that was open. Meanwhile, property mgrs. continued to party in the hot tub for a good hour. Then when they finally did come up, they did not come to assist us, "their renters", with say a "blow up mattress" or anything. Nope, they just went to their condo. So I had to go to THEM and try to work this out, which was not happening as I called her out on soooo much. In a nutshell, I am guessing they had access to the property, without the owners knowledge, tried to rent it and pocket it but flubbed up renting it as a 2BR at a 2BR price but only opening 1BR. So, all said, renters beware of property managers cozumelme.com Matt and Elizabeth Williamson

North America
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

Can you contact the owners of the property you rented? Do you have a rental agreement that you signed? If you rented the property as a 2 bedroom and have your contact/rental agreement, then the property managers have to administer the terms- or at the very least, put you in a comparable unit.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

That sounds terrible. Why is that your guess?

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

Yes, on the rental agreement, said "beautiful 2BR". so kinda expected two BR. Even if it was just us two as my wife can't deal with my snoring some nights and needs another place to sleep. They repaid us back our initial $ but kept $150 for the couple hours we were there.

I own a business and it is very important to communicate in a humble and professional manner when there is is a problem or a challenge. These prop mgrs. do not have those skills.

Froglegs, that is my guess as to her non-willingness to accommodate. Or in this case NOT accommodate.

I just would expect some sit down talk, communication "how can we make this work" and there was nothing. It was more"avoid us".

Won't stop us, we'll be back!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

I'm completely perplexed! Rented from Matt and Elizabeth several occasions and have always been thoroughly pleased beyond expectations. I believe they are the owners, and they consistently get 5 star ratings

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

This property they do not own. Glad you had a good experience with them. I find that when things go well, its easy to be nice, accommodating, etc. Its when their may be challenges that ones true personality comes out.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 01:39
Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

They shouldn't have even kept the $150. I still think that's a presumptuous guess. Then what'd ya do/go? Hope your trip turned out good.

7. Re: Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 15:35
Edited: 12 March 2014, 15:35
8. Re: Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 02:28
Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

Thanks for you comments frog legs. The trip turned out well, we rented a home a half a block off the ocean. Its how you handle things when things don't go as expected, we were still going to make a great experience out of what started out as a unpleasant situation.

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Disappointed in property mgmt, not the property-Palmar Condo

I agree YoungerSDF. They advertised it to us personally as a beautiful 2 bedroom.