We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegro Superior Premium Ultimate Dive Experience

Youngstown, OH
Level Contributor
323 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Allegro Superior Premium Ultimate Dive Experience

Looking for deals on a trip in August and came across what seems to be a great deal at Allegro. According to their site, you get a room for 1 diver and 1 non-diver plus some upgrades - but it says the diver in the room gets one tank per day. Has anyone booked and used this? Just wondering if there are any catches (like in order to get your one tank you also have to pay for one tank to make it a two tank trip). Any help would be appreciated!!!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,091 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegro Superior Premium Ultimate Dive Experience

Check the onsite dive op and see if they make single tank trips...returning to the hotel after each dive.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegro Superior Premium Ultimate Dive Experience

Does it say a 1 tank trip? Or do they just let you use a tank for a shore dive?

Ft.Worth Tx
Level Contributor
429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Allegro Superior Premium Ultimate Dive Experience

I think that the on site Dive Op only does one tank trips. If I remember correctly their name is "Pro Dive". The Allegro is really close to most of the major dive sites so they come back to the dock after every dive. No shore dives that I have ever seen, not much to see there. Most divers generally want to dive at least two dives a day, so you will probably end up buying a few additional dives.

Youngstown, OH
Level Contributor
323 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allegro Superior Premium Ultimate Dive Experience

Hmmmm. It says "one tank per day for diving" so you are right, it may just be shore dives. I'll email the resort to find out for sure.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Allegro Superior Premium Ultimate Dive Experience

Hi cousinjenn!

The ultimate dive experience includes indeed one tank per day, this is meant for boat dives (not shore dives), so that you need to acquire only a second tank at Pro Dive, our onsite Dive shop.

Hope to see you soon at Allegro Cozumel!

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allegro Superior Premium Ultimate Dive Experience

In my personal opinion, there are indeed super-premium dive shops on the island, but they are all independent.

Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allegro Superior Premium Ultimate Dive Experience

We have stayed at Allegro before they introduced this package, and did book this package for this summer. The dive shop makes 4 one tank trips a day because they are so close to the reefs, so we expect to only do the 1 included tank per day (I think they go out at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm), as we are traveling with family. I think it is a sweet deal and perfect for us. Their dive shop, staff and dive boat are all great (in my opinion - my 16 year old nephew got certified when we were there before, and we would not have let him do it if we were not confident in their staff).

8. Re: Allegro Superior Premium Ultimate Dive Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 07:15