We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Chuy's still open?

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Is Chuy's still open?

So only 10 more weeks til our trip! Cannot wait especially since we missed last year! In 2012 we ate at a place called Chuy's on Calle 5 Sur between Avenue 5 and 10. Does anyone know if it is still around?

south carolina
Level Contributor
232 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Chuy's still open?

interesting.........I don't know about Cozumel, ,but Chuy's is an up and coming chain in the U.S. We first ate at one in Orlando. We are from South Carolina, and there in one in Greenville, SC and Charlotte, NC. Awesome food. Wonder if it is the same?

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Chuy's still open?

I'm pretty certain there was never any connection between the Austin-based Chuy's and the one on the island.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,373 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Chuy's still open?

Agree , Mark. Many Mexican towns have a few Chuy's. A very common name--it is the nickname for Jesus.

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Chuy's still open?

Definitely no connection...it was owned by a local.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Chuy's still open?

If you're a Facebooker I bet you'll get a quick answer about Chuy's on the Cozumel 4 You FB page.

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Chuy's still open?

Thanks Froglegs, I will do that!

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Chuy's still open?

I work a block from there and pass it frequently. Haven't seen it open in recent months. For lunch in the same area, there's Casa Cuzamil where French Quarter used to be, Dos Como la Gente on Calle 5 between Av. 5 and Melgar and Cafe/Casa de Indio -- wrong name but right place -- on Salas. Also new is Machete at the corner of Salas and Av. 5 but it's not a comida del dia concept.. Newest place to open is a bit further from Chuy's: Cha-Cha's Kitchen, located behind a house on Mujica between Xel-Ha (Calle 15 -- the street that runs along the north side of Cheraui) and 17. Mujica runs north-south and is between Avs. 30 and 35.

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Chuy's still open?

Thanks ds!

9. Re: Is Chuy's still open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 05:16