We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food at El Cozumeleno..

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Food at El Cozumeleno..

I'm aware it's all-inclusive and that the drinks are free as well as the food(buffet), but what about the restaurants in the resort that you have to make reservations for? Is that also include with the stay or does one pay for that?

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food at El Cozumeleno..

Should be free. My last visit was in 08 though. And we only ate there one night. Wasn't worth the hassle of making reservations and the slow service. Went out to eat in town most other nights.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food at El Cozumeleno..

I see. I mean, I really don't plan to eat at the hotel everyday and night, but maybe once or twice. I plan to go to the city and eat there more.

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food at El Cozumeleno..

It could be a lot better now. You'll just have to try it. Maybe someone who has been recently will chime in.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
909 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food at El Cozumeleno..

Check the hotel reviews here on TA

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food at El Cozumeleno..

Yes, all the food at the resort is included. You may not want it after a few days, but it is free. That's pretty much the way all all-inclusives work.

Edited: 27 March 2014, 12:45
oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food at El Cozumeleno..

It's all included , the buffet isn't all that stellar but you can order off the menu anytime. I hardly ate at the buffet and ordered the fish off the menu and it was really good. The reservations sit down meal was ok nothing I would every night but not bad. Room service was really good !

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food at El Cozumeleno..

I usually check the menus in the morning to see what they have in the Veranda. Also, I'm not wild about Mexican food ANYWHERE, so we make other plans, or even have room service. I have some faves in town and usually go shop and have dinner.

I've never had a problem with selecting maybe a couple of things on the menu to satisfy myself.

Red Oak, Texas...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food at El Cozumeleno..

Oceanfreak what are your favorite restaurants in town - please share. Thx :)

Red Oak, Texas...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food at El Cozumeleno..

btw...El Coz restaurant is all inclusive. You will want to try - it's different than the buffet. We are ok with the buffet food but the restaurant is a good change

10. Re: Food at El Cozumeleno..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:15