We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive help

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive help

I promise I have been reading on here, but.... I am having challanges.

My mother and i traditionally do All Inclusives for Christmas and I thought I might switch it up and try one in Cozumel this year.

My first choice was Iberostar because we have really enjoyed them other places, but reading about the beach has me a little worried (we are beach people!) I do like the look of the resort.

So here's my big request.... I need an All Inclusive with a good beach and shade from umbrellas or something (I am a skin cancer survivor and can't sit out in that sun all day everyday :) ) It also needs a beach bar. Food does not have to be gourmet but edible! LOL! I wouldn't mind being close to town but that's not a deal breaker either way.

Bring on the suggestions! :)

Also, how warm is it at Christmas?

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
851 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive help

I have in Cocume lat Christmas the last three years and it has been warm with perfect weather. Plenty of shade and a beach bar and food is more the edible in my opinion. The beach is nice but there are some small rocks at waters end upon entering the water. Most people walk to the end of the pier to enter the water.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive help

Getting in at the beach isn't a real issue. I don't think my mother goes in but about two inches :) I am fine with the pier, I just like to sit with my beer and watch the waves go up and down LOL!

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive help

Based on reading on here I am now adding the Allegro to my options. I think I ruled out one of the other high rankings (Palace beach looked sad to me) '

I know the Rivera Maya has better beaches but I thought this might be a fun change.

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive help

Check out the Melia. Heading back for a second time in May. Very nice and laid back place. Close to town and good beach with a beach bar too.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive help

We were just the the Melia a couple of weeks ago. Awesome beach, beach bars right there, loved the place!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive help

Although the beach is rocky below the waterline it's very nice above it & the Iberostar has a lot more beach front shade than any of the southern hotel zone resorts. Use the link for the first of 3 photos showing the shade available, for the others use the right hand arrow.

…google.com/CozumelTimeCapsules/IberostarCoz…

Generally you don't have to stake out any of the shady areas before dawn even when near capacity.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive help

Thanks. I really like the look of the Iberostar. Plus our other stays with the chain have been good

Hecker, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive help

Melia is a very nice resort. Great beach, maybe best on the island at any of the Resorts. Will be staying at the Melia again in May as well.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive help

You might want to seriously compare the beaches between the Iberostar, Grand and the Allegro. The Allegro has the better beach of the three and most say the best of the resorts on the island. We prefer the Allegro because the resort itself sits pretty much on the beach. It's small and very laid back. The food is not gourmet but we have never gone hungry. There is a beach bar. And for shade they have several palapas. It is not five star but you aren't paying the price of one either. We love it. We have not stayed at the Iberostar but have stayed at the Grand and the Allegro. We keep going back to the Allegro.

Ft.Worth Tx
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: All Inclusive help

The Allegro definitely has the best beach on the island. The Grand is a close second since it is only 300-400 yards south. The Iberostar has sand on top of an iron shore, very rocky entry to the water. The Allegro has a number of palapas along the beach for shade and a beach bar. Food is Ok, always find something I like.