We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maybe the island should consider this.........

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maybe the island should consider this.........

Cozumel should try something like this. Jamacia has been doing this for years and it is starting to get popular on the mainland as well. Something of this nature could be a nice boost to the local economy. These type of bands have a nice following that would travel to see them play.

jambands.com/news/…

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maybe the island should consider this.........

Gracias, ratdog.

We'll be sure and steer clear of PoMo during this time.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,251 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maybe the island should consider this.........

I believe Cancun tried to do a Jazz festival over Memorial Day weekend....it may still be going on for all I know. However I have learned to avoid Cancun during this time, and for a few weeks thereafter until it has returned to normal.

From what I also understand from the locals, they do not really like the Jazz fest either....as the tips in restaurants go WAY down and the problems go way up during that time. As I said, been there once during that time; NEVER AGAIN.

Que se diviertan!

Canada
Level Contributor
5,018 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maybe the island should consider this.........

you could always travel all the way to Playa del Carmen, Jazz fest lineup from last year here...

http://www.rivieramayajazzfestival.com/2013/

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,853 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maybe the island should consider this.........

Some people like loud music. Some don't. I don't.

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maybe the island should consider this.........

I'd go if Iron Maiden or Styx was playing.......

Michigan
Level Contributor
870 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maybe the island should consider this.........

And then some of us might like a nice classical quartet. A little Franz Liszt please.

Point being, we choose what we like at home and go there. We go on vacation to see, smell and experience local flavor. I kind of like a classical Spanish guitar or just guitar music during my dinner on Cozumel. I don't thinkI would like something loud. Guess that is why we have ear buds.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,689 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maybe the island should consider this.........

I agree, mol. Hope they will keep the loud music in Jamaica. If you need loud ,there are several festivals in Tulum . I hope They will keep it there.

8. Re: Maybe the island should consider this.........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 19:21
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maybe the island should consider this.........

Bon Jovi is playing in a couple of months in Q. Roo on the mainland. VIP tickets are stupid high.

Too bad Kid Rock doesn't get off the cruise ship concert boat and do a show on the island. I'd go see that.

I'm not a fan of bluegrass, but the Stringdusters listed on the link are playing next to our condo in Richmond next month.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maybe the island should consider this.........

Definitely not for us. We go for the "taste" of the island and not for what we can get at home.

Edited: 21 April 2014, 19:16