We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying liqour Cozumel punta langosta cruise ship pier area

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
Save Topic
Buying liqour Cozumel punta langosta cruise ship pier area

I was looking to buy liquor around punta langosta shops across the street. I noticed they were overpriced by more than 2-3x what it was in the duty free under the escalators on the pier side. Not sure if anyone has seen a better price on alcohol close buy?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,438 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying liqour Cozumel punta langosta cruise ship pier area

Most anything at Langosta will be overpriced. As you exit the pier, turn right and walk a very short distance where you will see the Mega supermarket and the nearby La Europea on your left, with most all your alcohol needs. Good prices at both

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying liqour Cozumel punta langosta cruise ship pier area

Check prices at the duty free store on the pier before you go up the escalator to shop outside.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying liqour Cozumel punta langosta cruise ship pier area

Aren't the "duty-free" prices almost always higher than in the local supermarkets and (non-cruise mall) liquor stores? My understanding is that Quintana Roo is a duty-free zone, anyway, so nobody is paying duty irrespective of where they buy.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying liqour Cozumel punta langosta cruise ship pier area

In fact, Cozumel "duty-free" prices nearly always wind up being higher than I'd pay at a New Hampshire state liquor store. Supermarket, Covi, or La Europea prices are lower.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,438 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying liqour Cozumel punta langosta cruise ship pier area

Agree , Mark. I have never found bargains in Cozumel Duty Free areas. I would check Mega or La Europea. Both very near.

6. Re: Buying liqour Cozumel punta langosta cruise ship pier area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 05:15