We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

COZ-Akumal-Puerto Morales Report

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
Level Contributor
548 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
COZ-Akumal-Puerto Morales Report

We planned a 10 day laid back shore snorkel trip with much help from all 3 forums. Upon arriving in early March from awful cold ORD the heat was wonderful. Minor glitch at airport when I stopped at info booth to find ATM for pesos and got in a convulted discussion about his cousin giving us a tour. Meanwhile wife jumped on shuttle bus so I had to pay $10 US each instead of 90+ peso price. Bus ride south to Blue Angel was colorful and very enjoyable. Friendly place, a smaller hotel, all ocean view and great breakfast served until noon (thats vacation time though we usually got there to eat by 11:30). Snorkeled first pm there and saw big rays in pen next door. Walked a block north toTios at sunset with bucket of Dos Equis and great fish. Saturday cabbed south to Coroana Club very laid back with both American and Mexican coulples. Cheap beer (as Map chick said) good snorkeling straight out and some great coral in shallows just north (except for some moron tourist standing on a coral flower). Next cabbed back north to Money Bar which used to look like Coroana Bar but now looked like South Miami. Snorkeling good out front and a great party band with sunset happy hour back on deck. Sunday off to Coral Princess, got table by ocean and they were fine with our snorkeling. Saw the most fish of the trip right off the wall by shore. Not much coral. Note after drifting north it was a struggle to swim back against current. But the happy hour revived us. On way back south stopped in centro Sunday nite where whole town was out for a big Cuban band. Great. Monday the ferry over to Playa/Akumal. Kind of a party boat with a Reggae band. To be continued in Akumal forum.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,078 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: COZ-Akumal-Puerto Morales Report

Thanks for sharing!

¨ where whole town was out for a big Cuban band. ¨

Must have been a big crowd with almost 100,000 there, ha ha. Some nights, many do show up, some nights not so many. My local friends, who have lived on the island all their life, never go. Their daughters told me it was for öld people. Maybe talking about me ! ha ha I told them not always so but they don´t want to go to see. Glad you enjoyed!

Edited: 23 April 2014, 23:35
2. Re: COZ-Akumal-Puerto Morales Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 07:15