We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visitor itinerary sound?

South Haven...
Level Contributor
84 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
First time visitor itinerary sound?

We are visiting Cozumel for the first time next week. (24th - 30th) We are staying at Park Royal and will be renting a car at least once. I've been reading and trying to come up with things to keep us busy could you review and let me know if there is something you recommend we do before leaving. ..

Tucan sailing

Punta Sur for snorkeling

Sunday night visit to town

And possibly a deep sea fishing trip if we can share a boat with another couple (s)

Thanks in advanced!

connecticut
Level Contributor
341 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visitor itinerary sound?

Definitely do snorkeling at Playa Corona as well, much easier snorkeling with lots of fish and a nice addition to snorkeling the island ( you do have to buy a drink or 2; or food) That said we always do Punta as well, it is just a long swim out to the 2nd platform then swim back over the reef (when facing the ocean the reef is on the right. Surfing lessons with Nacho is a great day as well, facebook Cozumel Surfing. Plus a lunch at Cha Cha's only open M-F 12pm - 4pm...have fun!

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
281 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visitor itinerary sound?

Have stayed at park royal also feel it has the best food of the 5 allinclusive we have stayed at, but ernestos across the street great view and food and good$. trip to windward side a must rastabar chen rio, and coconuts for the view plus a few others that side closes early as no power on that side. we are staying at res. reef the same time and try to hit moneybar fri, sat 2fers 5to 7 and good live band, would recommend kondessa for dinner they are closed on Mondays the weather forecast looks great bring sunscreen so you don't have to hide after a couple of days. you can snorkel right at moneybar or playacorona alittle farther south

connecticut
Level Contributor
341 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time visitor itinerary sound?

Important in case you do not already know...when at the beach bars mentioned above and Punta, they do not accept credit cards it is cash only because they do not have electricity, my hubby has gotten an earful from me for forgetting that;)

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time visitor itinerary sound?

Wow! your top three would be our top three:

'Tucan sailing

Punta Sur for snorkeling

Sunday night visit to town'

When you go to Punta Sur, don't forget to do the lagoon tour on the boat (included in the $12 entrance fee but be sure to tip Jorge anyway) That's worth the whole thing. Tucan is awesome fun - we were on it the week before last, and Sunday in the square is not to be missed. Also, I would add Wednesday at Wet Wendy's at 8:00pm when the salsa band cranks up and the salsa club usually shows up. It was a blast! .

South Haven...
Level Contributor
84 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time visitor itinerary sound?

Connecticut Tina, Thank you for responding :) Playa Corona was one that I thought about as well as Buccanos Beach Club. I have only snorkeled one other time and that was in more of a "controlled" type setting in the Bahamas. I was able to see a handful of colorful fish and a couple jelly fish (then I jetted in fear of getting stung..lol) Anyway, I am not going with high hopes to see all the colorful fish that I would love to see, however, I am hoping to have a great experience and see something! Buccanos Beach Club was on the list because they have kayaks and I would love to spend a couple hours kayaking as it's so fun and relaxing! I was also thinking of maybe going a trip out with Pepe's Snorkeling maybe?

Also, thank you for the credit card tip, I had already planned on doing cash just for fear of using my credit card there. (My credit card was compromised over the holidays and that was a horrible thing as I do everything here at home with it!)

Bongo5345, Thank you as well for responding and sharing your likes and experience!! Will look up those places while we are there. Hope you have a great time & safe travels down!

Sam S, Thank you for responding as well :) It's so great to get personal experiences rather than the commercial website reviews. The lagoon tour at Punta Sur. Is that something you have to know about, or will there be signs or something pointing us to the area? I kept going back and forth on the Tucan Sailing trip as I really didn't know if I wanted the money per person and end being on one of the trips that mainly end up just "sailing" as I have read. But it really does have such great reviews and I have never sailed before so I thought might as well! It's our first time in Cozumel and our first vacation without kids.. Gotta enjoy every moment of it and make memories :)

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time visitor itinerary sound?

'The lagoon tour at Punta Sur. Is that something you have to know about, or will there be signs or something pointing us to the area?'

The lagoon tour is at the beach past the lighthouse a bit. I don't remember a sign but you can ask anybody there where it is. Jorge the park guide at the lighthouse told us about it and said they go at noon and 1:00pm. He's the one who did our tour and he came over to the beach and got us. It's only about a half hour boat ride but you'll get really close to big crocs.

The Tucan tour varies according to the weather. If it isn't blowing hard enough they can't do the spinnaker ride and if it's blowing too hard (like it was last week) they can't do it either. In any case, the crew knows what they're doing and they always make sure everybody has a good time. We've been out on it 4 times and it's been different every time. Hope this helps.

7. Re: First time visitor itinerary sound?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:16