We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Topic
Weather

Soooo .... everyone hates this question but .... How's the weather? And dive visibility?

Why do we all panic when we get so close to being there :(

Last trip the ports closed 2 days and cut down on the diving.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
564 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

"Why do we all panic when we get so close to being there :(".

Don't worry about the weather unless there is a TS or hurricane brewing, it's a bit early for that. We were there in late April, I "heard" the weather was going to be bad the end of the week from friends but it was great all week.

Cheers!

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

The weather is getting kind of hot and the visibility is great.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Thanks for the info ....Less than 48 hours !!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Well this is the first year I am actually worried about the weather because we have never been so late in Hurricane Season. I wouldn't say we are worried but certainly think about it from time to time.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
945 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Looks to be pretty rainy part of next week from Sunday thru Wed.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

Are you there now?

Nashville,TN
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

According to my Weather Channel App, it looks like its going to rain all next week when we are supposed to be there. I'm so UPSET, but wondering how accurate this forecast is...?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

I saw that too....and every app I have says the same. Praying for no all day rains...🙏

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

We were going to Playa on Saturday for a week but at this point we are highly considering pushing our trip back a week. The forecasts are calling for continuous rain- often a 100% chance.

cozumel
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather

The weather gets hot in the Spring and it stays hot in the Summer. When it is hot, thunderstorms can be generated. The "forecast" should call for thunderstorms daily for the next four months. Thunderstorms, if they rain upon you, usually last between five and 45 minutes. A 50% chance of rain, means a 50% chance of no rain. Chances are good that an isolated thunderstorm will not be affecting where you are on the island. Weather? It is what it is and no problem. Sorry, but looking ahead more than three days has no basis in reality.