We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Palace Resort Credit and Cost of Diving

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel Palace Resort Credit and Cost of Diving

Anyone know how much Aqua Safari charges per 2tank dive... When a person buys a dive from them using the Cozumel Palace Resort Credit?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
557 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel Palace Resort Credit and Cost of Diving

The 2013 - 2014 resort credit listing indicates $79 worth of credits. I can email it to you if you like, just sent me a PM with your address.

Cheers

Pass Christian...
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel Palace Resort Credit and Cost of Diving

Is the cost of equipment included, or do you pay extra for that? Thanks!

Bethesda, Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel Palace Resort Credit and Cost of Diving

Equipment is not included this year. It was last year, but then it cost $125 in resort credits per two tank dive last year, too.

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel Palace Resort Credit and Cost of Diving

According to this years resort credit list, you can use all of your credits towards diving.$1500 for 7 night stay at Cozumel Palace. If you stay at isla Muejeres you can only use $300 resort credit towards your diving. I have not read that the equipment is not included in any of the resort credit files that I have.

Bethesda, Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel Palace Resort Credit and Cost of Diving

Here in pertinent part is the message I got back from Aqua Safari when booking my Palace diving for them this year:

"TWO TANK DIVE TRIP

79 resort credits (plus 16% tax not payable with credits) for the 2 tank trip including tanks and weights.

Rental gear is additional if needed.

Boats depart at 8:30 AM and return about 1:30 PM.

The trip consists of two dives on different reefs - the first dive is normally a 60-80 ft. dive,

and the repetitive dive between 40-60 ft. There is a one hour surface interval aboard the boat between dives."

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel Palace Resort Credit and Cost of Diving

I haven't dived for over 20 years. What would be the extra equipment you would need to bring or rent? Maybe a shorty if it is colder. I never used any electronic devices -we just had a reg/ 2nd reg, mask, snorkel, fins, buoyancy vest. It has been so long, I can't remember.

Bethesda, Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel Palace Resort Credit and Cost of Diving

The water will be warm, probably warmer than 82 degrees Fahrenheit, but after multiple dives I still get cold w/o a wetsuit. To be on the safe side you should bring at least a shorty. If you don't want to rent, you'll need the items you mentioned, including two second stages (one an "octo" for a buddy to breathe from in an out of air emergency). You probably know that already, but if it's been 20 years, maybe not.

Aqua Safari tends to put limits, albeit fairly generous ones, on dive time, so you will probably be fine without a computer. That said, I always bring one, and in one out of twelve dives last year with AS I needed to ascend a bit toward the end of the dive to avoid a decompression obligation.

AS offers refresher courses which you can probably do in a couple of hours, and if it's really been 20 years, I highly recommend you take one. Better safe than sorry, and you will likely feel a lot more comfortable on the rest of your dives.

When is your visit?

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
112 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel Palace Resort Credit and Cost of Diving

When diving we rent a BCD and regulators (the regulators rented generally are a primary and an octo; with an SPG gauge attached. The op we used has a computer on the gauges, but not all do.) We bring our own mask, fins, and 3mm wetsuit. Many (but not all) of the men on our boat dove without wetsuits (in December)- all the women wore them, and a few were still cold in shorties.

One man on our boat was a bit more old school (dove with one of the first ever computer models) and did not have an octo. No one on the boat was willing to buddy with him. Make sure you have up to date gear if you choose not to rent.

Personally, I wouldn't dive without a computer, because you are doing a multi-level dive. Most divers only learn single level tables. I guess if you are well versed in multi-level dive tables, you could do it, but I'm not a fan of the trust me dive where you hope the DM's computer would be the same as your own. Especially if the DM is on nitrox and you aren't...

I'm going to guess the op will require either a refresher course or a private DM for someone who hasn't dove in 20 years. You might even consider finding a local shop that will let you hop into a pool for a refresher. I think the gear has changed a lot in that time.

9. Re: Cozumel Palace Resort Credit and Cost of Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:15