We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

I am looking at renting from Thrifty. What car class should I reserve online to make sure we can all fit in the car? The two younger kids can share the middle seatbelt in the backseat and we will probably have 3 large suitcases. Mid size? What type of cars do they have? I checked into Isis, but our kids are 13, 11, 8, 5 and so I would like to go from the airport to car as quickly and easily as possible-which is why I chose Thrifty. I'm not sure I would be up for getting us all to a taxi and then to Isis after leaving Minneapolis at 6:20 am with 4 kids :-) Any help or advice is much appreciated!

1. Re: Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 02:20
Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

'Some folks drop off the driver at Isis and then continue on to their hotel in the shared van.'

That's exactly what I'd do. The van driver will stop wherever you want. And they should, for the price they charge.

3. Re: Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 02:20
Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

'It's only 57 pesos from the airport to Centro...that's not much.'

true - but that's per person and a taxi would take a carload there for 50 pesos. It cost us $9.60 pp for 7 of us to go to our villa behind the Chedraui, which is considered south.

connecticut
Level Contributor
341 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

Yep thats why we walk out to the road and grab a Taxi only $5 to isis for both of us

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

We've walked out and got a taxi no problem when it was just two or three of us but this time we had a bunch, including an 85/yo and a lot of luggage, so that wasn't an option. I think the van monopoly is a scam but we just factor it in.

connecticut
Level Contributor
341 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

Yes that is completely understandable I would have too;)

8. Re: Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 02:19
Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

I might be wrong, but I think the only way out of the Coz airport is on one of the shuttle vans unless you walk out to the road and catch a taxi. They pretty much have a lock on it.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help-Thrifty Car Rental for 2 adults/4 kids?

One adult and a couple of kids could taxi to the car rental place, everyone else and the luggage can go in the shuttle to the hotel to start the check-in process.