We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel to Cancun

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel to Cancun

We are attending a wedding next April on the Isla de passion just off Cozumel, we will be a party of about 20-25. Has anyone had experience of getting from Cozumel to Cancun late at night after the ferry has finished, (private charter boat or some other way)? Don't think we will be up to swimming.

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel to Cancun

I know there are boats that do it and i have heard of boats sinking doing it. I would make sure it is a nice large boat. The dive boat that sank never should have been making the cross.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,482 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel to Cancun

If everyone is using the same blue and yellow ferry boat to get from downtown to Passion Island, it may be possible to charter it to carry all of you across.

I'd suggest a quick overnight stay in downtown Cozumel near the square. Vista del Mar and Casa Mexicana fit that bill for a place that is close and relatively inexpensive. You can walk to the ferry from there in the AM.

3. Re: Cozumel to Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 14:20
Edited: 09 June 2014, 14:20
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel to Cancun

Are you expecting a boat to take you to the Cancun hotel zone or Playa del Carmen (PDC)?

The latest ADO buses from PDC to downtown Cancun are at 1130 PM and midnight then pick up again around 400 AM

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,482 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel to Cancun

Good point CO_Pilot. My recommendations were related to getting to PdC, not Cancun. That could easily be a 3-4 hour ferry ride in the small ferry boats. I wouldn't recommend that trip.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel to Cancun

IS there a boat from Coz or PDC to Cancun anymore? a long time ago we took one and we remember that horrible voyage vividly. It was on one of the high-speed cats at night and that thing was wildly rolling and pitching all the way. Wen used up every sick sack in our row. I ran tugboats in the northwest for 25+ years and even so, when we finally docked I was about 20 minutes from losing my cookies too. I'd definitely take the bus, like CO_Pilot54 says, or arrange a private van.

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel to Cancun

If it is really going to be late I would just stay one night in cozumel. Plenty of clean and cheap hotels near town.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel to Cancun

"IS there a boat from Coz or PDC to Cancun anymore?"

No, not for ages.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,415 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel to Cancun

I believe it was in 1983 that I last remember a service to Cancun. It was a very nice hydro foil service but didn't last long . Business appeared to be good but it likely ran up against some of the powerful people who control all the transportation in the area since it was not a local operation.

10. Re: Cozumel to Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:16