We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for day in Cozumel off cruise ship from only 7am

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, MS
Level Contributor
88 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for day in Cozumel off cruise ship from only 7am

We would like some suggestions about great places to eat and have good drinks and relax while in Cozumel. We - as in my husband and I. I would also like to do a little sightseeing. We have been to Cozumel before and went to an AI for the day, but really won't have time to do that this time.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for day in Cozumel off cruise ship from only 7am

Rave reviews about Rio Chen on the South-Eastern tip of the island for fresh seafood. That is, what they catch right there offshore in the morning, is what will be on the menu that day! You cannot get much more fresh than that.

Se diviertan!

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for day in Cozumel off cruise ship from only 7am

Gumby---with all due respect, it's Chen Rio, not Rio Chen. It's also nowhere NEAR the "southeastern tip of the island".........and thirdly, they DO have fresh seafood, but a little jaunt through the posts here via the search box above will show quite a few NOT such "rave reviews" from many posters.........just sayin'.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for day in Cozumel off cruise ship from only 7am

Find a thread to lead you to Santiago. He will make your day.

louisville,ky
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for day in Cozumel off cruise ship from only 7am

I'm looking for a taxi driver to take us sightseeing for the day, like take us here, come back in an hour, then drive us somewhere else, etc. I had an awesome driver in St. Thomas do just that. Is that what you were referring to?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,887 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for day in Cozumel off cruise ship from only 7am

Top Questions for many hints and "one day in Cozumel"

Question is OFTEN asked

4 types of Coz trips

1) Wander around the town - free - get a map - Love the Map Chick Maps

2) Got to a beach Club - lots - see Top Questions, Albertos / Buccanos / Money Bar etc)

3) Boat Snorkel tour

4) Car rental / taxi tour around the south part of the island

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,887 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for day in Cozumel off cruise ship from only 7am

Some great places for drinks / food for a day trip

Wet Wendy's

Casa Mission

Casa Denis

Woody's

A few more

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g150809-Cozumel_Y…

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,206 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for day in Cozumel off cruise ship from only 7am

I am always hopeful the ones asking about activities they want will get the answers they want directly on the forums. While the Top Questions can be helpful, I often find it confusing to wade through them to find the information I want.

The good thing, usually many helpful people here who know Cozumel well and will do their best to answer your questions.

8. Re: Suggestions for day in Cozumel off cruise ship from only 7am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 18:05
9. Re: Suggestions for day in Cozumel off cruise ship from only 7am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 06:16