We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

Flemington
Level Contributor
12 posts
325 reviews
Save Topic
Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

Should we book the Xrail/Jade Caverns tours with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours with Johann/Sandra? Seems like the Wild Tours one is a hassle to get to the starting point. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The Original Salsa and Salsa
Sightseeing Tours, Cooking Classes
Tours Plaza - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Safe Tours Cozumel
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Wild Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,057 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

I always prefer to give the business to a local company such as Wild Tours rather than a middleman such as

Johann/Sandra. They are not even based in Mexico!

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

Well, Johann and Sandra are middle men who have nothing to do with the island except sell tours........I'd never heard of Wild Tours, but the negative RECENT reviews right here on TA would do it for me---wouldn't get NEAR them! (no idea what you meant about the starting point). Isn't there something else you'd like to do while on the island? Ahem......the world class reefs, maybe?......hahha. Good luck deciding.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,057 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

Good you checked the reviews, Betsy. I just knew they were Cozumel based vs Johann and Sandra. Who knows where they are based. As Betsy says, many things to do on Cozumel---I would look for something else.

Flemington
Level Contributor
12 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

What are good ideas for parents with 2 teenage boys?

Thanks

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

A snorkeling trip?.....do they love the water?----if so maybe a Discover Scuba Dive short course?......fishing? There is really so much to do but I'd sure rather be on the water than covered with dust and bugs......haha.

You probably need to say if you are on a cruise ship or where you are staying if not, for better answers.

Flemington
Level Contributor
12 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

Oops sorry we are on a cruise. Have done the dolphins, been to chankanaab so we're looking for something different. Thanks!

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

Well, what about the scuba diving idea?...........you could do it as a family?.....I dunno----I gave some suggestions and don't forget that Cozumel is in the top three dive destinations in the world----that is what I would do for sure!

oz
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

how about sailing on the Tucan if your in port long enough. contact cozumelsailing.com

9. Re: Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 00:03
Flemington
Level Contributor
12 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xrail trip with Wild Tours or Cozumel Tours - Johann/Sandra?

Thanks everyone for the help! We took your advice and are doing a tank dive trip with Cozumel H20...thanks again.