We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I rent a car for 5 days in Cozumel ?

Pittsburgh PA
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Where should I rent a car for 5 days in Cozumel ?

Hi, We will be going to Cozumel in a week and would like to rent a car for about 5 days.

I know there are rental companies at the airport and isis rentadora, do you have any

suggestions or recommendation of which rental company or a new one I don't know

that is reliable? Or, a place I should stay away from or any tips when renting?

We will be staying at the Iberostar but it doesn't have to be near that area.

Thanks so much ! Super excitied !!!!!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,297 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where should I rent a car for 5 days in Cozumel ?

Well said, cc. To be, the best feature about Isis is Margarita. At local car rentals, you often have to worry about what the ¨real¨bottom line price will be, credit card holds and ridiculous repair charges ---none of this with Margarita. And while I have rented the basic VW beetles, I have also rented air conditioned cars in very good condition from her.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,695 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where should I rent a car for 5 days in Cozumel ?

Okay, so tack on another $15/day for AC at Isis plus the cab ride from Iberostar…and back (another $40), PLUS the time…is she REALLY worth it? Seriously, it's a car rental. Just get one from the hotel.

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Where should I rent a car for 5 days in Cozumel ?

Well, since they need it for five days, then yeah, it IS worth it.......especially if they do OK's idea in post #2 and either get it at the start OR drop it off at the end of their vacation, thereby saving the fare TO and/or FROM the resort as well.

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where should I rent a car for 5 days in Cozumel ?

We rented From Isis a 4 door newer car with AC and drove around the island with her filling it up after we were done it was $ 65.00 ...a great deal and we will rent again in November from her...

Safe travels...jimmy

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Where should I rent a car for 5 days in Cozumel ?

Rats, I missed the editing deadline.........wanted to add that the transfer fares are times four all the way to the Iberostar so it's DEFINITELY worth it!!.......and before someone mentions the bags----heck, for a short trip at the start or the end and to save that much $$, I'm sure the OP's gang can live with a bag or two on someone's lap!

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Where should I rent a car for 5 days in Cozumel ?

Desmei, Yes it is worth it! So many people have had bad experiences otherwise. Money is not the object for us. The service is. We would probably rent from Margarita even if it was $75 per day. More than that and we probably would not rent at all as we stay close enough to walk most places.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,297 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Where should I rent a car for 5 days in Cozumel ?

Agree with Betsy and cc. As said, it will likely save you money but as cc says, I would pay extra to rent from Margarita. Go with what suits you best.

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Where should I rent a car for 5 days in Cozumel ?

In over 24 years of Mexico car rental, Rentadora Isis and Margarita are the only times I've ever felt 100% confident and comfortable renting.

So I drank the Kool Aid as well. Whatever (LOL).

19. Re: Where should I rent a car for 5 days in Cozumel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:16