We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shrimp for dinner

Elliot Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Shrimp for dinner

Looking for a recommendation for nice sit down restaurant for shrimp, reasonable price.Any suggestions?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shrimp for dinner

Try El Moro, but there are tons of others that would be great too

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shrimp for dinner

Define what "nice" means you....to help us recommend the right place for you.

Elliot Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shrimp for dinner

Similar to one of our past favorites,now closed (Sorona Grill),place to sit down for shrimp.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shrimp for dinner

Given the huge range of ways in which shrimp can be prepared (ref: Forest Gump), and no specifiers about what you are looking for in your shrimp, I'm going to say Kinta, Kondesa, or La Cocay just because they are my very favorite places on the island that I think of as "nice" and they serve shrimp. Buccanos at Night belongs on the list but is only open certain nights and closes seasonally so might not be available to you.

Less fancy, but still quite nice, is La Choza which serves shrimp a few ways including their excellent Tropical Shrimp (en papillote with a mustard sauce).

El Moro is less fancy than La Choza, but people seem to like their "shrimp on a wire" (kebabs). El Coctelito is perhaps slightly nicer than El Moro and considerably easier to find. I like their "mummy shrimp" stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon.

La Perlita and La Conchita del Caribe are both seafood restaurants, though neither is at all fancy.

Most restaurants in Cozumel are open for lunch or supper but not both. All of the above are open for supper (though La Conchita might be pushing it depending on when you like to go out as it's more aimed at the Mexican late lunch/ early supper crowd). La Choza is open for lunch (and breakfast, for that matter).

La Candela is a lunch restaurant with some nice shrimp dishes.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,301 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shrimp for dinner

Many good recommendations. Other than La Choza, where I don't eat (I have my reasons), many good options. Another favorite of mine for breakfast or a late lunch is Abuelo Gerardo´s . One of Cozumel´s older family run establishments, located in the center on 10. He serves a good shrimp kebab or offers shrimp prepared any way you want. I prefer with garlic.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shrimp for dinner

I saw lots of interesting lookingn shrimp offerings at buccano's last nite and at Kondessa the nite before.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shrimp for dinner

We were surprised to find that El Mullecito, just above Pizza Rolandi, has great shrimp at a good price. Theirs too is bacon wrapped and cheese stuffed and very grande! You also have a great ocean view that the in-town spots don't offer.

Enjoy them all!

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shrimp for dinner

Albino's!

Central Nebraska
Level Contributor
403 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shrimp for dinner

Best Shrimp we had in March was the Fried Shrimp at La Lobsteria.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shrimp for dinner

Yes, Albino's is very good. Must go early though. When we were there it was about 4:30 and there were lots of locals in there. Looks like a big palapala on 20th ( I think). The bacon wrapped shrimp at Especia's is good too.