We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Dress Code

Shawnee, Kansas
8 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Dress Code

I noticed that the places that required reservations at Iberostar have a dress code. My question is how strict are they with these? My husband is not happy about me packing him slacks and long sleeve dress shirts. Any help would be great.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Dress Code

I take a pair of khakis and some Polo shirts. NO long sleeves required. Immediately after dinner I'm back in my shorts or swim suit.

Never been to Iberostar but Im betting the rules are pretty much the same anywhere.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Dress Code

Not exactly duffer - I wear khaki shorts and a polo to both reservation restaurants at Park Royal. Nicer shoes of course.

I refuse to pack slacks for vacataion. blech. Mandi - a tip of my hat to your husband ;)

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,285 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Dress Code

Everyone has different opinions as to how they want to dress . I have no problem with slacks since it is what I wear most often here. Most locals do the same unless associated with resorts or directly with tours, etc.

I am always happy to see hotels have some dress code because otherwise you would likely see some at dinner in tank tops and shorts. But , I think, most resorts enforce the rules more stringently than others.

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
858 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Dress Code

Stayed there once a few years ago and this is what I remember. No tank tops for breakfast. Lunch was no problem but no wet suits. Long pants for reservation restaurants with polo shirts.

Shawnee, Kansas
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Dress Code

Thanks everyone for your help! Slacks and polos it is. He will be happy to hear he doesn't have to wear long sleeves.

Rockford, Michigan
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Dress Code

Double check with Iberostar before packing pants. I recently read an Iberostar trip review (by lmm3) that stated the specialty restaurants no longer require pants for men. If that's the case, guessing that will make your husband happy! :-)

usa
Level Contributor
346 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Dress Code

when i was there a couple of months ago, i got into the mexican restaurant in shorts

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Dress Code

When I hear 'nicer shoes', are we talking dress shoes/closed toe or can I get away with my nicer dressy-casual leather flip flops? Thanks and just asking as heading there in a few days.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Dress Code

I will be there next week as well, and would like some clarification

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Dress Code

I also write the Iberostar (Cozumel) last night and just received a reply. They say the formal a la cart restaurant dress code is a shirt with short of long sleeves, long pants (jeans or slacks) and closed toe or nicer dressy casual flip flops. Much better than the idea for the dress code I was getting from several places.