We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chapel Hill
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

I am trying to book the Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel and because I am on Carnival they are telling me I have to book through them. Does anyone know how to get around this? Thank you!

1. Re: Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 12:01
2. Re: Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 12:01
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

Hi LivinginNC,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the Forum we offer to support Business Owners with questions about managing their listings on our site, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Cozumel forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Since your question is related to your cruise on Carnival lines, you might also try posting this question on our Cruises forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.…

Kind regards,

Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,616 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

Just show up at the dolphin place and pay your money. That's about it. There is one just south of town near Cozumel Palace hotel.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

When you just show up don't display your cruise ship ID, tee shirts, hats, wrist bands, etc. if you wish to remain annonymous. I believe the cruise lines get a commission from the attractions, which is why they want to do the booking or keep track of the spending of their clients. You will find the shops in town do the same....ask the name of your ship.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
767 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

Ship passengers get priority bookings on times available. Those times are usually from the morning into early afternoon. You may pay more, but you also get the time slot of your choice.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

Here is one.

dolphindiscovery.com/cozumel/cozumel-locatio…

Who told you that you had to book through a ship?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

Here is another

dolphinaris.com

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,023 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

I didn´t know about this particular business but I do know the cruise lines such as Carnival threaten to cut off tour business to various vendors if they don´t allow Carnival to handle all their bookings. As said, it is easy to avoid. Just go there and make no mention of Carnival. Some merchants will ask for your ship name (so they can pay the commission), Tell them you are in a hotel---just be prepared with a name. They are not going to verify.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carnival Monopoly in Cozumel

Excellent point, islandgirl !

It may be worth booking through the cruise line and paying a little more to get the time slot you want.