We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena, Maryland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

My wife and I will be docking in Cozumel in a couple weeks during our cruise and I absolutely love mole enchiladas. That or mole chicken if I can get some corn tortillas on the side. Thanks!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,664 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

Two places I have had very good ones are Abuelo Gerardo in the center on 10, near the church. Costa Brava in the center on Calle 7 just off the Melgar , near the post office.

https:/…

http://www.islacozumel.net/food/costa_brava/

Ok
Level Contributor
178 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

I am fond of the mole at El Morro. You will need a taxi & they are closed on Thursday I believe.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

El Moro. and they are closed Thursdays. And you will need a taxi

Pancho's Backyard - in the back of Cinco Soles on Melgar ave.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

Cafe Antigua on Av. 5 Sur between Calles 3 and 5 has the very best on the island -- flavorful with subtle spices that build into wonderful.

My #2 for mole enchiladas is El Moro. They serve a huge plate -- delicious and very easy to go away stuffed to the gills!

North America
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

Agree with ds2's recommendation. The mole enchiladas at Cafe Antigua are the best- they melt in your mouth. And presented very beautifully- resembles an elegant chocolate dessert!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

El Moro is our all time favorite. The mole is "to-die-for". Plus its just a whole lot of fun there. Even the Washington Post agrees.

washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/on-cozum…

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

SimplyRedMN: El Moro is our new favorite restaurant on the island, since La Veranda closed. I can't believe we missed El Moro all these years! everything was fantastic (I had the chicken mole) and the ambiance was over the top- just what we like. We went there on our last night, otherwise we'd have been back at least twice more. thanks for the WaPo article.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

I will have to give El Moro another vote for excellent mole. It is worth the drive or cab ride to have. I also had very good mole at a lunch place on 10 that I have forgotten the name of.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

Another vote for the mole at Pancho's Backyard. My wife makes them give her a to-go cup of it whenever we eat there.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best mole enchiladas in Cozumel?

The mole at Pancho's Backyard is sublime. I've tried to copy it and so far haven't even come close. It's spicy, but not too spicy. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.