We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

An article about undiscovered beach towns. As you might imagine, few fit that category in this area.

They do include Puerto Morelos although one photo they say is PM, is definitely not.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/undiscovered-me…

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

Interesting article. Although we have been to all those places mentioned but one. So I'm not sure how "undiscovered" they are.

And you're right, Robert. That is NOT Puerto Morelos in that photo. I'm not sure where it is but I know it's not PM.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

Well, I suppose it is how they define ¨undiscovered¨ . All mentioned are definitely more undiscovered than Playa del Carmen, Tulum, etc. But some interesting places.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

"Undiscovered" = "undiscovered by the writer" I suspect (who I doubt has ever been to Mexico). All places listed would be in most people's top 10 tourist spots of Mexico.

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

Good, they left off my two favorite chill places to spend half a day eating and drinking and just enjoying a nice place with not very many people at all.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

Funny that there is no mention of Cozumel in this article even though it is posted in the Cozumel forum.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

Hey 55, where would THAT be ? ;)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,336 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

Photo of PM looks more west coast

I wonder if the writer even visited the east side

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,461 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

Yeah 55, inquiring minds want to know.

I suspect that in this case, undiscovered means not on the radar for mass-market tourism - in other words, if you went to you travel agent and said that you want a Mexican beach vacation, these places wouldn't be on the short list that the TA gives you.

rincon de...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

It appears these "undiscovered Beach Towns" is exactly what they were when she was 9 years old...

10. Re: Mexico´s Undiscovered Beach Towns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 06:17