We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

Fort Smith, Arkansas
3 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

Hello I'm planning a honeymoon and am wanting Romantic all the way. I need help trying to figure out where to stay cancun or Cozumel? Can anyone help and give me reason and Why???

Thanks

Justin

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

Unless your a diver or love snorkeling then go to coz. . Cancuun.has Bigger nicer resorts.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
913 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

What do you want to get out of your time on your honeymoon, if I should ask? I love Cozumel but would never go back to Cancun unless I was 20 something and single. Cozumel has a relaxed atmosphere. It's safe to explore. Playa Azul is a great boutique hotel for lovey doveys. Very quiet and discreet.

Something about Cozumel makes me return almost every year and I would love to live there. It can be very quiet and romantic. Not a party place. Depends on what you want from your trip.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,932 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

Maybe you should consider playa del carmen as well.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

Hi Justin. Congratulations! You will have to give a bit more information for real help, such as dates, budget, length of stay. For now, consider Tulum. It is south of Cancun, so you would still fly into Cancun. It's quiet and much more secluded than Cancun or Cozumel. (But maybe that's not what you want). Anyhow, take a look at this place. Very sexy and romantic.

http://www.azulik.com/gallery.html

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,687 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

Isla Mujeres is a great choice - a quick boat ride from Cancun

A Zoetry resort is opening and there are many other choices

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

Another option, not too far from Cancun is Holbox. It is North of Cancun. Beautiful little beach front. Great restaurants. Not so busy, yet still lots of fun. Casa Sandra is very romantic.

http://www.casasandra.com/

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,680 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

You will far more choices in hotels, to include high end facilities, and better beaches in the Playa del Carmen/Playacar area.

http://cancunmap.com/hotel-maps.html

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

I would never consider Cancun for a honeymoon.

I love Cozumel, but for "romantic all the way" I'd be looking in Tulum or Playa del Carmen.

fort worth
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

Depends. How old are you? Are you into partying? Do you want a sanitized americanized clean and comfortable tropical vacation that could be anywhere or the more adventerious lower key authentic stuff. Luxury and personal attention or more go off on your own for fun adventures................

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon Cozumel or Cancun

My BIL and his girlfriend just came back from Hard Rock Cancun. He proposed while they were there.

They liked it so much they are going back there next summer to get hitched. Says "he wouldnt go anywhere else". Younger crowd for the most part. lots of party time happenings...