We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

colectivos

Mid-Atlantic - USA
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
colectivos

Is it possible to take a colectivo from PDC to the ruins of tulum, then from Tulum to hidden worlds then back to PDC? Or do they just run from PDC to Tulum and back?

Houston
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: colectivos

All I really know about the price is I handed the driver 100 pesos for three people and he said he would get my change and I told him to keep it. But this is transport designed for locals, not tourists. I doubt they will charge 20 or 30 pesos to go just a few miles but they don't write down where you get on or off and don't track your mileage. It seemed most people paid when they got off.

There isn't all that many stops and if you have a full load then there isn't any. If it takes a taxi about 30 minutes I'd say expect about 45 minutes in the colectivo.

Mid-Atlantic - USA
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: colectivos

Will i have any problem catching one? Will they not stop for tourists or will most stop?

Houston
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: colectivos

They will stop for any two-legged animal that waves it's hand. When I said they were not designed for tourists I mean they do not advertise to tourists, print information in English, or design their routes around tourist locations.

Mid-Atlantic - USA
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: colectivos

thanks ReefRat.

15. Re: colectivos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 21:17