We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not a good day for 11 car rental company's

oz
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
not a good day for 11 car rental company's

Just read on face book that 11 car rental companies were found in violation today , Isis was one of them. It sounds like nit picking to me on some of the reasons .

michigan
Level Contributor
500 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: not a good day for 11 car rental company's

I know Isis of all places, who would have thunk about this about Margarita

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: not a good day for 11 car rental company's

Wasn't there some sort of action at the Cancun airport recently?

okc
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: not a good day for 11 car rental company's

WW- it reminds me of when OSHA comes in and cant find any big problems. It's always like that sign has to be red and be 5 feet off the ground. A lot of It does sound like nitpicking. Luckily those problems are easy to fix. I will be seeing margarita next week. 7 days to go.

Edited: 23 August 2014, 10:54
4. Re: not a good day for 11 car rental company's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to copyright infringement. By law, we must remove any messages that include content protected by copyright which has been reproduced without direct permission from the author/publisher -- this includes but is not limited to items copied and pasted from online news agencies, magazines and commercial/personal websites, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 15:23
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,713 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: not a good day for 11 car rental company's

The problem was easily fixed at ISIS . They told her she needed to display her fuel replacement cost in price per liter. Margarita did as requested, took a photo of the sign to Profeco and all is good. I am sure it was easily taken care of at other places as well. Profeco , in general, is a good agency which actively protects the consumer. Even after this, Margarita agrees.

They had recently done the same in many of the big name car rentals in Cancun and Merida as well as several airlines. United was included and for several days could not sell tickets at their airport counters. The operations continued as normal.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: not a good day for 11 car rental company's

NO big deal....I buy my gas by the gallon, anyway, not by the liter ***shrug***

:)

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,713 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: not a good day for 11 car rental company's

Well, I think it was only a big deal to Profeco. Margarita was cool , as always.

8. Re: not a good day for 11 car rental company's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:17