We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Princess

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Clair Shores...
Level Contributor
89 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Princess

Is the outside dining open? I had read about them being closed down.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Princess

I was wondering the same. The CP website still shows the outside bar being open.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Princess

The outside dining terrace (the one connected to the inside restaurant) is open. The poolside tables and beach loungers all have drink and food service. The actual swim up bar and the palapa bar are still closed. The pool is open, but the hot tub is not. There is a new rooftop lounge, bar, snack, massage, hot tub area.....that may or may not be open yet depending on your travel dates. You can ask by sending an email to Angel in reservations: reservation@coralprincess.com

Cheers,

'Red

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Princess

Gracias Red - I'll email them. We're not going until next May so hopefully they'll have the rooftop bar finished by then. I'll report back what they tell me. sam

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Princess

We'll be down in Feb, Sam. I'll have a full report then. It is sad. This has been going on for over a year now. The rooftop area was nearly finished (hot tub, furniture, bar) last April when we were down. Haven't seen any reviews mentioning it being open though. Personally, I don't mind. It makes the whole place quieter and we are happy to sit on our big balcony with our own breakfast, lunch or drinks. Makes it more like a private condo than a resort. But I know it's upsetting to others and they need to get this sorted out.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Princess

Wow - I got an email reply in about one minute!:

'Good morning,

The roof bar and pool bar is not open yet.

I do not know when will be open. Please check with one month before your arrival.'

Saint Clair Shores...
Level Contributor
89 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Princess

It's a shame the other part is still closed. We really enjoyed going there for dinner even when we weren't staying there.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Princess

Tina p: What part are you saying is still closed? It's my understanding the restaurant is still open and the only thing closed is the pool bar.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Princess

Sam is correct, Tina. You can still go there for dinner.

Here is the email for the general manager. He may know when the roof top lounge will be open and when the pool bar will open again.

Sr. Jose Antonio Rico, email: arico@coralprincess.com.

Saint Clair Shores...
Level Contributor
89 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coral Princess

I was talking about the outside tables that were at the other end away from the inside restaurant, I guess that was by the pool bar. Sorry for the confusion.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coral Princess

sorry, Tina - I'm still a little confused. Are you saying the outside table area in front of the restaurant is closed now? Thanks! sam

Edited: 02 September 2014, 22:15