We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cozumeleno Beach Resort or Melia

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
El Cozumeleno Beach Resort or Melia

I'm looking for a reasonably priced All-Inclusive for a three night stay with my husband. We're looking for something that will be relaxing. Where we can sit by the pool and drink margaritas all day but is also reasonably priced.

Any feedback?

Thanks!

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Cozumeleno Beach Resort or Melia

We just visited the El Coz in July and it was wonderful. The wait staff around the activity pool was great.

Denver, Co
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: El Cozumeleno Beach Resort or Melia

Between the two there's no question the Melia wins hands down. El Coz packs twice as many people into 1/4 the space and doesn't even come close to the privacy you have at the Melia, not to mention the dining experience. I've been to 'em all on Cozumel and the Melia is the best.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Cozumeleno Beach Resort or Melia

I have been to both and it really depends on what you are looking for.

I agree that the Melia offers more privacy and the food is a little better. Everything was great there until we walked down the beach and passed by the El Coz. It was like WOW! Why didn't we stay here? We have been staying at the El Coz ever since.

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Cozumeleno Beach Resort or Melia

If you are looking for a place to stay that does't have ocean view rooms but has the best food and drinks, BY FAR , the Iberostar on the south side of Cozumel is the place. We have stayed in Cozumel for a long time and have stayed at lot of places and unless you want an ocean view the Iberostar is the place. They also have the best beach snorkeling on the island. Now that said they are also more expensive than the other two, but not enough to make a difference if you only going for 3 days. And the cab ride to town is around 17 to 20 bucks. The other two is only 5. We stayed at the Melia in May and it was very nice. Had a nice beach front, ocean view and the food was good. We have reservations for El Coz for the 22nd. It's been awhile so we can't wait to see the changes we've heard about. Will be putting a review on return. If this is your first time to cozumel I guarantee it won't be your last. We've been to Cancun, Jamaica,etc and Cozumel is the best.

Sit by the pool and sip magaritas, the Iberostar is it. Want a beautiful beach and ocean views either one will do the job and send you home happy and ready to come back. Also El Coz will let you fish from their dock.

5. Re: El Cozumeleno Beach Resort or Melia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 11:17