We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

I was told that all rooms at the Coz have an ocean view but I see you can book a garden view room. What's up with that? Are there truly garden views? Thanks, Jeff

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

The ground floor are considered garden view. Ask for one of the upper floors7-9 for the most awesome view.

Bixby, OK
Level Contributor
457 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

All rooms are oceanview. The garden view rooms are set back a bit from the rest of the building and are in the old part of the hotel. We have stayed in a garden view room and has a huge balcony. Right about the upper floors. Ask to be up high. On the other hand, some friends stayed at Coz with pre-teen kids and had a first floor garden view room and loved it because they could walk right out to the miniature golf etc.

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

The old part(north tower) was closed last month for renovations. The south(new) tower is very nice. Everything faces west, toward the ocean, but the upper romms, south tower have the best view.

You can clearly see Playa from there.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

Thanks for the info. So I should book a garden view and then put in a request to the hotel to be in an upper floor room, is that how it works?

Bixby, OK
Level Contributor
457 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

Since the old towers are closed, I think all the rooms in the new towers are considered oceanview. Upper floors if you can.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

I was just looking at a sattelite photo of the place. Is the "old" part to the left when viewing it from the water? The new part looks as though it has rooms that face the rear. Is this just the back of the all the rooms or am I looking at something else? Thanks again for the help, Jeff

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

All rooms Face the water. Some do not have unobstructed views of the ocean so they are called garden view. If looking from the ocean the new towers are on the right (south side) of the resort (faces west). But seriously, you probably won't be in the room long enough to care.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

Okay! Thanks to everyone for your helpful replies. NOW... if you want to contribute to the Help Jeff Vacation Fund, the address is: ......

LOL! But seriously folks, thank you. Jeff

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

P.S. Bring your own snorkeling gear. Trust me you will use it. We snorkeled all afternoon right there at the hotel and had a blast. By bringing your own there are no time limits.

Enjoy the omelet bar and the fajita bar.

10. Re: El Cozumeleno- garden view room???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 19:15