We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you find different between cozumel and the Mayan Riv

Calgary AB
Level Contributor
347 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What do you find different between cozumel and the Mayan Riv

I love the Mayan riviera, but I like to explore new places. In your opinions, how does Cozumel compare? Again sorry for the stupid questions but I only have two days before i have to book.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
600 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you find different between cozumel and the Mayan Riv

Well, Cozumel has everything to offer all on one island. Cozumel has some excellent mayan ruins at San Gervasio, some beautiful secluded beaches on the other side, and good shopping downtown. It is a very safe community as well, with very little crime. One thing that it does have that the mainland cannot compare to is some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling.

E. Texas
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you find different between cozumel and the Mayan Riv

Cozumel....................Paradise.....................

Cozumel....................Paradise.....................

Do you see a pattern here?

Diving, Snorkeling, Shopping, Food, Beach,Drinking,Etc. Etc. Etc.

The nicest people in Mexico, do I need to keep going? Coz, Coz, Coz,Cozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzumel.

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you find different between cozumel and the Mayan Riv

I think cozumelVR is on to something here...

Everything you want to do is right here on one small island....and great people all around as a bonus...

Any Questions ? ? ?

minnesota
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you find different between cozumel and the Mayan Riv

Thanks for the idea. I'm leaving for the airport right now(actually I am)!

Morgy, aren't you supposed to be shoveling snow or something?

Lola

p.s I'm on a friend's computer, but it IS me, Lola, on my way to Cozumel to do my Christmas shopping! Have we mentioned the shopping in Coz is AWESOME!

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do you find different between cozumel and the Mayan Riv

Personally, Cozumel gets a slight edge for all the reasons listed above. The Mayan Riviera has better beaches, but the water is usually clearer in Cozumel. Cozumel is much better for activities in the water. If you have never been, you have to go to Cozumel.

There is also the 30 min to 11/2 hr drive to the Mayan Riviera resorts. The ride to most resorts in Cozumel will be between 10 and 25 min.

Calgary AB
Level Contributor
347 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do you find different between cozumel and the Mayan Riv

Thanks for all of your help, but my cozumel vacation has been squashed. :-( I have had to settle for the Reef Playacar, my travel points program, could not get me into cozumel for under $1600 a person. Too rich for my blood. I will live to dream another day!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What do you find different between cozumel and the Mayan Riv

While you are in Playa.. take the ferry to Cozumel for the day! It's easy and you will get to see both!! I am going to Playa in May and plan to go over to Cozumel for a couple days.. Paradise Beach is a must! Excellent food, beer, sun.. beach ..etc..

Des Moines, Ia
Level Contributor
225 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do you find different between cozumel and the Mayan Riv

I'm so happy to hear this since we are going to be in Coz for a week in Dec. All we could get in our time share exchange is a hotel room (for our 2 bedroom), but I think we will be happy. Sounds like there is so much to do.

9. Re: What do you find different between cozumel and the Mayan Riv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 10:23